still having problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

still having problems

i have a 90 ex stick. it has a loopy idle between 1000 and 2000 rpm when the car is cold but when it warms up it doesnt have the loop idle any more?
    also once it is warmed up it idles extremely rough but when driving it doesnt hesitate or anyhting only when sitting there idling its rough and makes a pooping noise out of the exhaust. also my check engine light is on for my 02 but i havent got to buy it yet.

The distributor was done like 5 months with new cap rotor wires and plugs.
    I just changed the plugs again yesterday i changed the fuel filter, i put a new throttle body gasket (because it was ripped up)and cleaned it out. I cleaned egr valve and put a new gasket. And i also cleaned iacv but still nothing.
    My Members Ride Thread

Try changing the PCV Valve... i just had that problem today and changed it out and worked fine afterwards

Comment

yeah, i have pretty much the same problem. i'm gonna try spraying down the intake gaskets while it's running to see if it changes anything. if ya have a vacuum leak, it can cause the same kind of probs. if i find out anything, i'll get back and post. good luck otherwise.
      If you're gonna go, go with a smile!
      Current vehicles: 2006 Pacifica Touring Inferno Red (the Wife's) - 30k
      1993 Accord EX - optima 'red top' battery, magnaflow exhaust, tinted windows - My $500 ride w/ 217k miles
      2004 Suzuki GSXR750 - Racetech sus f/r. Dunlop Qualifiers. clear Puig DB screen. my drug - 7500 miles

Comment

also, i forgot to mention, i'm getting a new PCV seal for the valve cover cause mine is allllllllll cracked to heck. chunks had fallen down into the valve cover. got most of the crap out at work. time to head over to Wally world and buy some carb cleaner to find the leak. cya!
        If you're gonna go, go with a smile!
        Current vehicles: 2006 Pacifica Touring Inferno Red (the Wife's) - 30k
        1993 Accord EX - optima 'red top' battery, magnaflow exhaust, tinted windows - My $500 ride w/ 217k miles
        2004 Suzuki GSXR750 - Racetech sus f/r. Dunlop Qualifiers. clear Puig DB screen. my drug - 7500 miles

Comment

search for IACV and FIV and also make sure there is no carbon build or leaks up in your intake manifold and any lines going to and from.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
          "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
          "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

i changed the pcv also but what is the pcv seal and where can i get it
            My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Like starchland said, check your FIV, or fast idle valve.... when they go bad they cause erratic cold idle...

Comment

which one is the fast idle valve on the intake manifold
                My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Working...
                X