Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After installing vtec controller check engine light came on..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After installing vtec controller check engine light came on..

I have a h22a accord and i installed the buddy club vtec controller. Now everytime I hit vtec the check engine light comes on .

CB7 JDM H22a

<br><br>
    R.I.P Accord ---- ---

It would help us out if we knew why the C.E.L. came on:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=21259

get back to us and let us know what the CEL was for so we can help you out
    ~~~~~~~

Comment

The code I'm getting is 22( VTEC Oil Pressure Switch). Not sure what it is . I have installed everything correctly and when I hit vtec a second later the check engine light turns on. Did i get a defective vtec controller or something wrong with the vtec. This never happened to me before I got the controller, the vtec will hit at 5200 rpm and pull. Any help will be appreciated. thankz
      Last edited by accordhyper; 11-09-2005, 12:40 AM.

CB7 JDM H22a

<br><br>
      R.I.P Accord ---- ---

Comment

im no expert, but i havn`t messed with that controller at all, but thats not what i mean, maybe, just maybe the controller is controlling so much of whats going on that the computer thinks something is wrong on the cross-over, like the car is doing it but the cars ECU thinks that something fishy is up... also, if u unplug it and the check engine light stays off, then u use it and it comes on but pulls better or the same, what have you, then leave it alone, basically u dont wanna cross any wires or anything.. lol..

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Comment

Originally posted by accordhyper
          The code I'm getting is 22( VTEC Oil Pressure Switch). Not sure what it is . I have installed everything correctly and when I hit vtec a second later the check engine light turns on. Did i get a defective vtec controller or something wrong with the vtec. This never happened to me before I got the controller, the vtec will hit at 5200 rpm and pull. Any help will be appreciated. thankz
          Check your oil level to be sure it's at the right level. Check over all the wireing again to be sure you didn't miss anything. It *could* also be the switch itself.
          ~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
          X