Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dome light wont come on when door is opened...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dome light wont come on when door is opened...

my dome light doesnt come on when I open the car door. is there a wire problem in the roof wiring? How can this be solved?
    My CB For Sale

1. what position is the dome light in: off, on with open door, on?
    2. is the bulb in good working condition?

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Check the fuse for the domelight which is under the hood, or check to see if the domelight comes on with any of the other doors and if it does then the pin switch at that door is bad or is getting stuck.

Comment

Originally posted by AirRide Accord
        Check the fuse for the domelight which is under the hood, or check to see if the domelight comes on with any of the other doors and if it does then the pin switch at that door is bad or is getting stuck.
        Yeah, fool w/ the pin switch alittle, they can stick in the off position. I think 2 or maybe 3 of mine (4 door) do that and if you move it alittle in all directions, it'll be okay.

Comment

or the domelight on/off switch itself is not contacting correctly. try and slighty jiggle the switch without changing its mode. that's how it is on my dome light.

btw, i hate our interior lighting. i can't see anything! anyone else see this...or not .
          1cor10:31
          - 92 LX coupe
          - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

well the dome light will come on if i switch it to on position, but when it is in the middle position to come on with the door open it doesnt come on. I'll check the fuse in the morning. BTW, I had my ceiling taken out and upholstered so could the wires have been spliced in anyway to cause the malfunction? The dome light came on before this happened a couple of months ago.
            My CB For Sale

Comment

sometimes the button in the door gets stuckk..check that.

Comment

Originally posted by jtek24
                well the dome light will come on if i switch it to on position, but when it is in the middle position to come on with the door open it doesnt come on. I'll check the fuse in the morning. BTW, I had my ceiling taken out and upholstered so could the wires have been spliced in anyway to cause the malfunction? The dome light came on before this happened a couple of months ago.
                I'm having the same trouble. I'm going to try and track down the problem over the next few days. Might just be a fuse on my end too. I'll let you know if I find anything
                "Vision without Action is a Daydream. Action without Vision is a Nightmare."

Comment

Originally posted by KitsunEX-R
                  I'm having the same trouble. I'm going to try and track down the problem over the next few days. Might just be a fuse on my end too. I'll let you know if I find anything
                  thanks
                  My CB For Sale

Comment

I dont think it could of been the upholestry, but if you want u can check, the wire that activates domelight when the door is open is black/white, also make sure it isnt cut or anything at the bottom of the dash, it is just to the left of the steering wheel when you look under the dash, its in a brown plug, same wire color black with a white stripe

Comment

HAD same problem - fixed now ...

Just like Granite CB7 AND 93EXaesthetic said - check that black switch on the door jam FIRST. For months my interior lights wouldn't turn on when I open the door (even the door indicator on the gauge cluster wouldn't come on) and it was that small switch.

Just check the contact of the switch and the screw has to be on tight. You may want to just pull it apart (comes out to 3 pieces) and make sure the spring isn't too compressed (I stretched mine on the passenger side and it fixed that side). My driver side was just dead/old so I replaced it w/ another switch off a sedan and now it works
                      Last edited by cyclonus_cb7; 11-09-2005, 11:35 PM.
                      www.StreetLightz.com

Comment

I dont' think it's the fuse. Might as well check, but I think if it works in ON position, your delay wipers work, and cigarette ligter work then the fuse is fine. I've blown this fuse a lot and all that stuff is on it.

Comment

interesting mine is like that too..

however i get the BRAKE LAMP burned out thing on my 90ex but when i cked. i don't believe anything was burnt out?? or maybe it was a SMALL bulb.. what could it be??
                          hahahahah

Comment

Mine does that all the time.... On mine it is the door switch. It gets stuck just about every time. Its pretty annoying.
                            SuddenCb7 - 1992 Honda Accord EX Coupe

Comment

Working...
                            X