Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil type

What oil type do I use? 10w30?

well its cold here should I use the 5w30. Is it bad to use 10w30 in the cold?

Comment

i use 5w30 for the winter and 10w30 for the summer

Comment

Originally posted by 91CB7
        i use 5w30 for the winter and 10w30 for the summer
        i use 10w30 all year, but if not id rather do wut he said. it barley gets cold here so i dont have to worry.
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

here in Canada, its always better to use 5w30 in the winter (too cold), the oil wont be so thick and the engine wont have a harder time turning... especially if its -35C (-31F) outside

Comment

I'll repeat what's been said. Honda Recommends running 5w-30 in areas where it gets below 20 but if you live in warmer climate the service manual recommends 10w-30 because of the improved fuel economey.
            My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

yea i use 10w30 on my car. My girls 03 civic use 5w20 honda is changing it up
              cb7 sold
              2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
              95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordDx
                My girls 03 civic use 5w20 honda is changing it up
                The newer higher reving Honda's use 5w-20 because they don't want the oil to thin out more then 20w when it's at operating temperature.
                My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

10w30 all year round

Comment

Live in Michigan.... I just go 5W-30 all-year round because it's satisfies both climates in warm & cold months. If I lived in CA or AZ I'd use something thicker like a 10W-30 and if I had a turbo or modified engine, I'd go prolly like a straight SAE 30W.

it just all depends man....
                    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Live in Michigan.... I just go 5W-30 all-year round because it's satisfies both climates in warm & cold months. If I lived in CA or AZ I'd use like a 10W-30 and if I had a turbo or modified engine, I'd go prolly like a straight SAE 30W.

it just all depends man....
                      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Working...
                      X