starting problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

starting problem

ok now every time i go somewear i have to get a jump,the jumper cables only have to touch my terminals,also i cant shut my car off anywear because to start it have have to jump it.butt i charged my battery for about a half hour and it will start with out a jump lik 3 times and then it will go back to needing a jump to get started.could it be the starter solenoid??remember this battery i bought from auto zone about 3 months ago and it has not acted up until yesterday.why would a new battery do this?i just do not under stand whats wrong,any reply's will be appreciated,maybe Busted can answer this or fizzy.thanks
    bill
    Last edited by 91accord4door; 02-13-2004, 06:29 PM.

its probably a bad alternator.

Comment

sounds like an alternator?damn how much is a new one,is it a bitch to install,also why would it go from starting great one day and one day later starting like shit,now it almost dont start,sometimes when i turn the key nothing happens so i have to let out the clutch and do it again until it works,what else could it be,and whats a new alternator go for,can i install it myself?thank sparks

Comment

Okay what kinda of battery you have. How many cold cranking amps,starter or alternator but i think its the alternator. Get your car diagnosed the right ray but if you changed the battery and its good and new changed then it has to be the starter or alternator.

Comment

i'll just replace both,cant go wrong there then the problemn will definetely be fixed.ha

Comment

I check that battery again have a techy look at it and use a battery tester, if its not that its the alternator .

I looked in my chiltons and this is what it said

2) Engine rotates but will not start

1 Fuel tank empty
            2 Battery discharged(engine rotates slowly) hmmmmm
            3 Battery terminal connections loose or corroded hmmmm
            4 leaking fuel injectors ,faulty fuel pump, faulty fpr I doubt this
            5 Fuel not reaching fuel rail I doubt this too
            6 Ignition components damp or damaged
            7 Worn,faulty or incorrectly gapped sparkplugs
            8 Broken,loose or disconnected wiring in the starting circut
            9 Loose or distributor, is changing ignition timing
            10 Broken, loose or disconnected wires at ignition coil or faulty coil

Id go with 2 and 3

Comment

thanks sparkle,hey i need to know how to raplce to positive battery cable i need to know quick so i can do it tommorrow,my pos.cable is frayed to shit.i will get one at a junkyard in good shape,but how to replace it??thanks sparky

Comment

Its easy if you have the right tools you can usa a socket wrench or a monkey wrench untighten it at the part you wee where you connect the metal part onto the battey. All you have to do us unbolt the very upper part and you should be done . I say get one form the store brand new they usually run for about a good 5 bucks for cheap probably for the same amount they would charge at the junkyard.

Also when removing the cables always disconnect the negative side first the black one Not the red one the black one.

Comment

i'm talking bout the entir positive battery cable.the top wear it connects to the battery is frayed bad i think thats the problem,i have no clue how they are put on wear is the bottom and how does that entire pos cable come off??thanks again honda said ther $175.00 damn.i go to junk yard if i know how to get it off and stick it down my pants.hahaha

Comment

You can get a battery connector for the positive cable at the auto store and replace just the that until the weather is warmer.

If your car runs fine after starting then your altenator is good. The altenator charges the battery. The battery is only used for starting the car, then the altenator takes over.

If your battery is good, then it's probably your starter.

EGR Port Cleaning http://home.comcast.net/~em-engineering/T2T013.pdf

Comment

busted can ya help??

Comment

Well either get the new cable from the junkyard or make one using 4 gauge and 8 guage from a stereo shop. The cables got two fasters I beleive both 10mm holding it down, one 12 or 14mm holding the high current cable to the starter and then one 8mm securing the 8 guage to the under hood fuse panel.

Of course remove the battery and stereo capacitors before doing this. Just fallow the wires it's pretty easy.

If I where you I'd inspect all my battery grounds also. They normally go bad together and burned or fried positive cables are usually a sign that the ground is indeed bad.
                        My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

if i only have to touch the jumper cables to my car for a split second isnt that the battery,but something is killing my battery because it needs a jump every time,if it was the starter then it wouldnt start even with a jump right?and if it was the alternator it wouldnt stay going right?what the fuck is wrong.please help.

Comment

Check your cables... The reason it starts when you use the cables is probably because it gets enough amperage to start that way. If you the connections in the car where good you wouldn't need to do that.

Check all the positives and grounds to ensure they aren't damaged or loss.
                            My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

thanks busted.i knew you would come through

Comment

Working...
                              X