draining battery problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

draining battery problem

on monday i was on the freeway and my car gave up on me. The speedometer and rpm needles went crazy at first and stop working seconds later. Later that night i went back to my car and with the idea of towing home with my dads jeep grand cherokee but instead i though if trying to jump start it and manage to drive it home. when i finish recharging the battery, the cars starts and the battery light goes off after a few seconds. i thought all needed was the jump start but now i keep having to recharge the battery a couple of hours later after sitting there because the battery drains it self. Do i need a new alternator? or is it the battery that wont hold the charge? my dads says that it maybe be the starter but the cars starts when the battery is fully charge. whats gives?
    JD'S 91 Honda Accord. Nothing even compares to a Honda.

NO NOS, JUST BALLS!!!

have the battery checked on a local auto parts store, they will tell you if the battery is still good, otherwise the alternator is dying and needs to be replaced. It could also be a short circuit causing the battery to drain.

Comment

burning smell

the day that i got stuck on the freeway i smell a real strong burning smell so i think that i may be the alternator that burned out. thanks for the suggestions.
      JD'S 91 Honda Accord. Nothing even compares to a Honda.

NO NOS, JUST BALLS!!!

Comment

Working...
      X