Opinion on EBC Green Pads...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion on EBC Green Pads...

I want to know what do u guys think about EBC's Green Stuff Pads?
    I want to upgrade my braking and was looking into this set up.
    What are some of your testimonials....

i always wondered myself... free bump

Comment

They have hella "meat" on them and their gripping properties are insane. But the question is, will you ultimately use them to their full capacity?

(on another note, Wisin y Yandel's new cd is crack)

I'm using Brembo blanks and Bendix Import Quiet pads (semi-metallic, 30$ at Strauss, lifetime warranty as well) this setup costed me around 200 bucks installed.
      '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
      -'93 BRP LX 4AT
      -'92 AGP LX 5MT
      -'93 AGP EX 4AT
      10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

well the rims get hella dirty from using them or so ive heard. But im using hawk hps pads combined with powerslot slotted rotors and i love em.

Comment

I have them, and I love them . . . they make my stock brakes feel amazing . . . ill definitley use them again.
          -Mark-
          CB7
          CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
          Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
            well the rims get hella dirty from using them or so ive heard

gotta disagree with you on this one mike. i'm using EBC greenstuff w/ brembo slotted and my wheels are hardly dirty from the pads, minimal dusting if any. considering my wheels have fully-polished barrels and lips, it'd be very obvious if the wheels were dirty.
            5.6L V8 32V DOHC
            JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

this the company with..that chick in the ads..with the huge tits...mmmmm

Comment

These were my favorite pads out of the pads I have had on the car. You have to get over the initial break in period. Once you get past that they are awesome. When you first put them on they are terrible so break them in first. As far as dusting it is minimal but it is there...and no it is not green dust. I had less dust with these than with oem pads.
                "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

Originally posted by H23Accord
                  You have to get over the initial break in period. Once you get past that they are awesome. When you first put them on they are terrible so break them in first.
                  Can you elaborate that more for me?

Thanks for all the comments guys

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE
                    I want to know what do u guys think about EBC's Green Stuff Pads?
                    I want to upgrade my braking and was looking into this set up.
                    What are some of your testimonials....
                    Ebc makes the green stuff pads for my mountain bike and they work awesome on it. If they work that good on my disc on my bike they out to work real well on my cb7.
                    Just my .02
                    Ken
                    Can't complain, it was free!

Comment

I've got the Redstuff pads (competition) and, once they warm up, they're awesome. Constantly activating my ABS :P. I've got a spare set if you want them (fits Prelude S/SI calipers, $60 shipped)
                      Originally posted by DoctorCipher
                      ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

Iam installing my ebc green stuff pads,cross drilled and slotted rotors,and stainless steel brake lines tommorrow
                        Spell Race car Backwards and what do you get

Comment

drilled and slotted alone you will feel a great difference, then pads will be like wahoo!!!
                          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

i am running brembos rotors slotted/drilled with EBC GREENS and they suck and thats the 4 brake system ivv been running my rotors are gone and the greens are gone but they keep your rims clean thats the only cool thing of the greens I do road racing a lot mostlll every tow day or so and so far to me they suck the even crak my disk the two front and the back is ok but not enuffff for the tougs my next brake system is endless all the way front and back

Comment

Originally posted by starkrice
                              i am running brembos rotors slotted/drilled with EBC GREENS and they suck and thats the 4 brake system ivv been running my rotors are gone and the greens are gone but they keep your rims clean thats the only cool thing of the greens I do road racing a lot mostlll every tow day or so and so far to me they suck the even crak my disk the two front and the back is ok but not enuffff for the tougs my next brake system is endless all the way front and back

i doubt the pads caused your rotors to crack. slotted/drilled or even just drilled rotors are notorious for cracking prematurely and wearing out pads fast just as well. i used to have drilled rotors and i replaced those a little under 2 years coz of the premature stress cracking. either blank or slotted rotors will be fine with your driving style and upgrading to a 2 or 4 piston caliper setup would definetely do the job.
                              5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                              JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Working...
                              X