Checking the ol' freon level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checking the ol' freon level

Its escaping me, so could someone refresh my memory on how to check the freon level of the a/c?
    Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
    2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
    2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
    2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

How cold is it?

1966 Chevy Nova
    1974 Super Beetle
    2012 Ford Super Cobra Jet
    2004 Honda Element
    2004 Honda Ruckus
    2003 Honda Ruckus

www.weezoonline.com
    www.facebook.com/weezoonline

Comment

Originally posted by ACCORDianate
      Its escaping me, so could someone refresh my memory on how to check the freon level of the a/c?

you shouldn't need AC winters coming up!!

just kiddin, not too sure how, but bump maybe someone knows!

Comment

you need some gauges, you can buy them at any auto parts store and i think i saw them at wall mart on clearance a few weeks ago

1966 Chevy Nova
        1974 Super Beetle
        2012 Ford Super Cobra Jet
        2004 Honda Element
        2004 Honda Ruckus
        2003 Honda Ruckus

www.weezoonline.com
        www.facebook.com/weezoonline

Comment

Lets put it this way, until 3 days ago the thermometer in my dash center vent with the a/c on was 39 degrees. Today it was at a constant 78 which is a little higher than the outside temp of 72 with the a/c engaged.

With weather coming up, I'd like to knock out those pesky foggy windows quickly, and the way to do so is with the a/c turned on.

Its not the fact that winter's coming or summer's coming or the second coming of [insert diety here] is coming, its the fact that the a/c doesn't work.
          Last edited by ACCORDianate; 11-23-2005, 01:44 AM.
          Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
          2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
          2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
          2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Sounds more like the compressor isn't kicking on. You wouldn't go from cold to nothing overnight unless you somehow punctured one of the lines.

Comment

Working...
            X