Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! My window's stuck open and it's snowing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! My window's stuck open and it's snowing!

Ok so on the way to work this morning I had a smoke with the window down. Then I put it back up, finished the drive to work, and once I got here I had to open my window again to use my prox card to get into the parking lot. After I parked, I couldn't close my window. It went up about 1/2 way and then stopped. Then I put it back down and tried putting it up again and this time it stopped after about 2 inches. For a while it would go up and down 2 inches when I hit the up and down switches, but now it's sporadic. I only fooled around with it for a few minutes (late to work), and then ended up throwing an air mattress and pillow in the driver seat to try and block the window (gonna go back with cardboard or a bag at lunch).

I replaced my motor no more than 2 years ago, could it have gone again??

If not, is there ANYTHING that I can do on my own to correct this myself at lunch? I'm thinking of spraying something down there, but I don't know what. WD-40 will completely smear the window... lock de-icer maybe? I have no idea. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
    1992 Accord EX-R

force it up while u push the up button
    welcome to the DOHC-side..muuuahahahahahah

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1906

Comment

It could be the window run channel. The glass may be stuck from the rubber. As soon as the glass gets stuck, depress the switch and lightly shake the window to free it from the rubber. What window motor did you put in?

Comment

dont spray wd-40 ur window will come off track atleast mine did. u may need to grease the channel and regulator

i went to honda dealership and they gave me some silicone spray for free wants i told them my problem

i think they see this alot maybe they hAVe to give us the spray b/c they no the windows suck, b/c they neva asked for any money

maybe ill ask them about my rust they may fix for free, sike

Comment

I think the cable might have just been stiff. After driving for a while, the motor started making grinding noises and I was able to push the window up by doing it partially by hand and partially with the button. Now the motor's making some pretty bad grinding noises, maybe I screwed it up and the window's off the track now or something....

And fac90, I have no idea... it was a couple years ago and they didn't really give me a choice of motors or anything so I'm assuming it was just replaced with another oem 4th gen motor....
          1992 Accord EX-R

Comment

i think if the motor is making a grinding, you may have striped the gear on the motor. and i agree with the regulator problem...if your regulator is getting stuck it can put alot of stress on the motor and gears. just take the door panel off and look at everything real good with a flashlight...you'll find something i'm sure.
            "I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think I can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy." --President John F. Kennedy

ASE Master Automotive Technician
            ASE Master Med/Heavy Truck Technician
            US Navy Electrician
            Contact me if you need help on the side.
            '92 Accord DX (For Sale)
            '01 Civic LX
            '00 Tahoe

Greatest Rally Video Ever

Comment

In my experiences, typically when you hear the grinding noises you're dealing with a bent track/regulator.

Both of my cb7s went through that, replace regulator and run channel.
              '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
              -'93 BRP LX 4AT
              -'92 AGP LX 5MT
              -'93 AGP EX 4AT
              10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

ok. i searched and i found this. so does any one know why the window is stuck? i mean cuz i hav my car and the eindow is stuck up.

Comment

Working...
                X