Automatic shoulder belts not working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic shoulder belts not working.

the shoulder straps dont run auto no more. they are stuck at the locked position(far back) since i can remember,but lately the passenger side started to work on and off. locking in any position it wants to. so i did what the manual stated,disconnect the fuse(which was still working) and manually lock the strap into its far back position. now the only problem i have now is that the SELT BELT INDICATOR keeps on blinking. how do i stop that?

thanks then.

Comment

Hmm, i dont really have a '90-91 so im not completly sure on this one.
      But i think theres a computer for the seatbelts.
      It should be under the seat, if you want, i can give you more info tomorrow at work.

Comment

i think you either need a new belt motor or the fuse blew

Comment

jak frost to the rescue

both fuses under the hood for the auto belts is fine i said. yeah im sure something is wrong with the shoulder's motor,but i already said i locked them to their far back positions and removed the fuse cause my manual told me to. i just need to stop the constant bleeping of the seat beat indicator. the belts been busted long ago,but its just recently that the light flickers even with the belts inserted.

Comment

Take it to honda, the belts have lifetime warranty.

Comment

oh,i thought i replied to a thread in here before. the auto belts dont have lifetime warranties. only the manuals. if at anytime my broken AUTO belt cant even work MANUALLY then they fix it free. i tried two spots and same story. i figured they just lazy,tryna' rip me off,both,or being truthful since stories match up. so im riding manual anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderCat
                oh,i thought i replied to a thread in here before. the auto belts dont have lifetime warranties. only the manuals. if at anytime my broken AUTO belt cant even work MANUALLY then they fix it free. i tried two spots and same story. i figured they just lazy,tryna' rip me off,both,or being truthful since stories match up. so im riding manual anyway.
                Really? When my uncle had my car he got them replaced for free down in Philly. Prolly some lazy mechanics you got up here.

Comment

word? i'll keep checking around though. im sure i'll land on an honest mech. but in the mean-time if anyone knows how to stop that bleeping,let me know. OR if you live in the NYC area with a mech. that'll fix the shoulder straps FAH-REEEEEEEEE

Comment

upping for jak frizzost

Comment

The Automatic Seatbelt control unit is right under the Right Front seat.

[IMG][/IMG]

Go ahead and try these tests first...
                      Let me know how you did...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

thanks frost,but i can barely understand this chart. i understand the part where i test to make the motor run. but i'll figure it out,im just a newbie at the starting point of learning.

but i also asked how can i just stop that bleeping noise indicating to fasten my belts. cause eventhough they're fastened,the light/noise keeps on flickering. if you're in the bronx next time,holla at me.

Comment

unplug the connectors under the passenger seat .. there are 2 ..
                          same thing happened to me .. so i unplugged one.. and if the beeping and flashing didnt' stop. . i plugged it back in and plugged in the other one .. that should stop the blinking and flashing
                          -:¦:-
                          Originally posted by wed3k
                          i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

auto belts have a waranty on everything minus the track and motor i believe. just be careful, you might be charged a diagnostic fee like I did. 40 bones

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                            11.68 @ 127mph
                            417whp/375wtq
                            Sold: 8/2016

Comment

yeah they tried to charge me,but shit was around 2-3 hundred bucks. i laughed in his face cause that shit was an outrageous ass price. i decided to follow what the manual said and disconnect the fuse INCASE the belts started working at the wrong times. i just need to stop the flickering light. other dealers told me they dont cover the automatic belts either. ONLY if for some reason they dont work manually,they're covered

Comment

Working...
                              X