Battery Relocation: 4g Cable OK???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery Relocation: 4g Cable OK???

well i wanna move the battery to the the trunk for a project im gonna be workin on... and since i already have a 4gauge wire running from the bay to the trunk for my amps... can i use that for the battery instead?

i just did that and it work ok but not like when you have it in the front but im going to put a better gauge cus the start is ok but slow

Comment

It should be fine, thats what im using. I got some stuff from Home Depot that is resistant to gasoline and oil. The strands are super thick and it was difficult to run, but it works just fine.

Comment

sick, thanks alot guys

Comment

Belive it or not, you will notice the difference, the car dosent feel so front heavy.

Comment

just make sure the wire go's strait from the batery in the back to the starter first then from their you can branch to the fuse box ....the starter pulls a lot from ther batery and their cant be anything in between like fuses cause they will blow unless its like a 150 amper (i belive thats what the starter pulls) ...

In Need of an engine, just a basic f22a...pm me if you have one willing to part with.

Comment

Originally posted by kapone
              just make sure the wire go's strait from the batery in the back to the starter first then from their you can branch to the fuse box ....the starter pulls a lot from ther batery and their cant be anything in between like fuses cause they will blow unless its like a 150 amper (i belive thats what the starter pulls) ...
              about running the 4g directly from the battery to the starter... would it be ok to run the 4g to a distribtion block(fuseless), and from there run 8g's to the starter and fusebox?

i dont think the bolt on the starter is big enough to fasten two 4g ring terminals, since the initial idea was to run the 4g directly to the starter and from there another to the fusebox.

Comment

our starters are actually rated pulling something ridiculous, i looked it up on shopkey, its crazy like 350 amps or something!!

Comment

Hey Dr.love, did you ever get around to doing this? How was it with 4 guage wire? Does the car start up on the first turn?

Comment

Bump... im wondering the same thing b/c i have the stuff. awaiting to see i this is going to work

Comment

Make sure you get a sealed battery box. When batteries are charging up, they put out hydrogen gas that you most likely do NOT want to breathe in. I'm sure you know this already though...

Comment

Originally posted by i97supratti
                        Hey Dr.love, did you ever get around to doing this? How was it with 4 guage wire? Does the car start up on the first turn?
                        ive had no issues at all. car starts up fine just as it did when the battery was in the front.

Comment

Originally posted by wrichards2005
                          Make sure you get a sealed battery box. When batteries are charging up, they put out hydrogen gas that you most likely do NOT want to breathe in. I'm sure you know this already though...
                          do you need a sealed box if you have an optima red top battery aren't they dry cell? Do they still put off gas?

Just b/c U post more doesn't mean U know more!

Comment

Working...
                          X