"DOORS OPEN" indicator while driving!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"DOORS OPEN" indicator while driving!

Sup guys, i did some searching, but it didnt answer my question...

Okay, so when i'm driving, the little indicator in the gauge(the one where it shows when the doors are open, trunk & out brake light) flashes on!!

It comes and goes, and really bothers me...i havent started to diagnose this problem, because it's really an abnormal problem. I am also throwing a code, the CEL comes and goes as well...

other than that, the Accord runs fine...idles fine and transmission shifts smooth...

anyone else have the same problem where the indicator lights flash on and off???

I have a 90lx sedan bytheway.
    and one of my rear brake lights dont work...the bulb housing is blown...thus giving me a "BRAKE" light indicator...

Thanks!!!!

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
    1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

What doors does it show are open? If they all come on at the same time...wouldnt know where to start. But if one or two just show open sometimes, take apart the black little switch at the rear of the door, and clean the metal contacts. Might help.

Comment

it happened to me... what i did was made a little extender out of plastic.. and put it on the door pin for the light...JB welded it, and now problem solved

Comment

i know how to fix this, if you have some electrical tape, you can easily fix it. look on the inside of your door jam and look for a little prong thing where the door shuts. this is the sensor to show the door is shut and makes the light on the cluster go out, thus showing the door is closed. what happens is the metal has worn on the little prong so wrap a couple layers of tape around the little prong but not too much where the door doesnt close. you will get it right and when you shut it the cluster will show the doors closed

Comment

LOL, nah guys...the ENTIRE THING LIGHTS UP...meaning, it indicates that ALL THE DOORS ARE OPEN!! including the TRUNK and BRAKE light malfunction!!!

It flashes on and off....then goes away until my next commute to work....

Comment

Anyone?? any ideas?? this is nuts!!!

Comment

have/had the same problem...it's the cluster...take out the cluster and look behind it...i guarantee the back part of the indicators are corroded.... i took a lil sand paper to it and kinda solved the problem.
              Current Stable:

1992 Accord EX
              1999 Civic SI
              2005 TSX
              2006 S2000
              2002 NSX-T

Comment

Or if all else fails, grab another cluster from eBay or the junkyard.
                '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
                -'93 BRP LX 4AT
                -'92 AGP LX 5MT
                -'93 AGP EX 4AT
                10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

Cluster huh? thanks guys...i will look into it asap.

Will keep you all updated...

Comment

I have the same problem, but the open door light just stays on.

The passenger door light just comes on, and stays on. Happened a few days ago, it usually turns off within a few door closings, or turning the car on and off, but now it has just stayed on, and is starting to get annoying.

Back to the drawing board.

Comment

Working...
                    X