fuel pressure guage...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel pressure guage...

i need help...i just bought a new 2'' auto guage fuel pressure..i was wondering where to connect it...it has a T-fitting and all...but i tried to connect it to the fuel regulator where it has a hose and it don't work..i dont' know where to connect it..can someone pls help me with this..thanx...

theres something called a service bolt that is normally loosened and removed to relieve pressure in the fuel system. its on the same side as the FPR and facing str88t up... you can either find a fitting that will adapt to the fitting the gauge came with, or you can drill and tap a new hole somewhere on the fuel rail and hook it up through that using the gauge fitting...

Comment

Install it between the Fuel Filter and The Fuel Rail.
      Tip: Purchase another Fuel Supply Hose just in case you stuff the original.

Important: Disconnect the Negative Battery Terminal Before Starting.

1. With the Original Fuel Supply Hose in-situ position the "Fuel Pressure Gauge" approx in the centre of the hose, or where it will not obstruct or hit any thing and can been viewed clearly.
      2. Mark the position with Liquid Paper/White Out.
      3. Release the Fuel Pressure via the Pressure Relief Bolt at the fuel rail.
      4. Remove the Hose from the Fuel Rail and Fuel Filter.
      5. Cut the Hose in two at the marked position. (This is why you should have a spare)
      6. Using appropriate fittings, fit the Fuel Pressure Gauge to the Hose. Use correct size "One Eye 'O' Clamps and crimp them with pincers, facing down.
      7. Now Refit your new Fuel Gauge Supply Hose back to it's original Position, making sure it clears every thing and is visible.
      8. Don't forget to put new copper washers on the fuel rail connector.
      9. Clean up any excess fuel residue.
      10. Reconnect Negative Terminal.
      11. Have a friend turn the ignition switch to the "ON" position and observe the Fuel Pressure Gauge.
      12. The Fuel Pressure should rise to about 250 Kpa and settle back to about 220 kpa after 2 Seconds.
      13. Check all connections for any sign of a fuel leak, no matter how minor.
      14. If all is OK. Start the Engine and observe the Fuel Pressure again.
      15. It should be sitting at approx 220 - 230 Kpa.
      16. Rev the engine and see if the fuel pressure fluctuate in tune with throttle movement.
      17. Disconnect the Fuel Pressure Regulator Vacuum Hose and make sure the Fuel Pressure Gauge rises to approx 250-260 Kpa.
      18. If it doesn't then you may have have faulty FP Reg.
      19. Reconnect the FP Reg Vacuum Hose.
      20. Be careful with this one. Momentarily Clamp off the Fuel Return Hose.(2 Seconds Max)
      21. The Fuel Pressure should shoot up over 500 Kpa.
      22. The engine May flodd & Cut Out
      23. This will also test to see if there is any leaks.
      24. Now switch the Ignition OFF.
      25. Observe the Fuel Pressure gauge for about 20 - 30 minutes.
      26. Check for any sign of Fuel Leaks from Engine Bay to Fuel Tank.
      27. Make sure the fuel pressure doesn't drop by more than 20 Kpa in that time.
      28. If the fuel pressure drops fairly quickly, the Fuel Pump check valve may be stuck open. A partially stuck check valve would result in a slower leak back.
      29. If it drops very slowly then the Fuel Pressure Reg could be leaking back to the Fuel Tank or Through the Vacuum Hose and into the manifold.
      30. A slow drop could also be caused by the injectors dribbling or being stuck open.
      31. Then it's a process of Elimination by clamping off the Inlet & Return Hoses.
      32. If everything check out OK. Shut the Bonnet and take it for a Lap.
      Come home, plonk ya self in front of the Idiot Box and Crack Open A Coldie!!

Cheers
      Geoff
      If I've forgotten anything let me know.

One Eye O Clip:
      Attached Files
      Last edited by F22-GURU; 01-07-2006, 09:05 AM.

Comment

i don't think my t-fitting will fit into that hose the one that connects frm the fuel filter to the fuel rail..cause my t-fittings is small enough to connect to a vaccum hose or something.....
        Attached Files

Comment

Mate, I'm only running at 56K atm, as my broadband is cactus, and the images I'm getting are pretty ordinary, but Image 2 looks like a Temp Gauge???. It's just that it looks like a Thermo Bulb & Capilliary you are holding.
          .Please Correct Me If I'm Wrong!!

Comment

honestly i have no idea...this is the first time im dealing with a a fuel pressure guage..i've dealt with boost guage vacum volt air fuel ratio...etc..but this is the first i have cam accross..sorry if i don't have that much info's but showing some images is the best way i can think of showing what i mean...to me this is just to complicated.....but thanx for some of the advices...but if anyone else has dealt with this pls help me...

Comment

Working...
            X