noise coming from under the valve cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

noise coming from under the valve cover

i got this aweful noise coming from underneath the valve cover, and the other day i removed my valve cover to get a better listen and the noise is a lil deeper below, i dont know how to describe the noise its loud and embarrassing oh and this happened when i let my gf's brother use my cb7

Pop you head under the car and listen around the sump area. If it's a low pitch rattling sound that comes and goes in relation to engine rev's I'd be suspecting the Big Ends or Mains.
    Noises from the Valve Cover are usually higher pitched tapping or rattle sounds.
    Check your Oil Level first.
    Does the Oil Light Come On?
    Best off take it to Pro who has experienced the noises.

Comment

so you took your valve cover off while the car was running?
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

sometimes its fun to be showered in oil....

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
        where you been, is something wrong?
        i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair
          sometimes its fun to be showered in oil....
          Everyone is doing it.

- Zipcreature
          Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

oil is the best soap....cleared my complexion up like nothing else AND I got a free hair dye job!
            showers are a thing from the past, OIL showers are the wave of the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Captident_Chris
              oil is the best soap....cleared my complexion up like nothing else AND I got a free hair dye job!
              showers are a thing from the past, OIL showers are the wave of the future.
              amen!

PROJECT: EIEN (Eternity, Endless) in progress...

"What's the point of a race?- Just means you're faster...that's all. If I have to race, it should be for something important..."

"What Is A Man Who Cannot Prosper and Better What He Owns?"

Comment

i think this is the next best thing to the kid putting oil in the intake manifold doing a oil change lololololol lmao

(\__/)
                (O.o )
                (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

Just need to do a valve adjustment.

Hondafan wrote up how to do it pretty good.
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...lve+adjustment

Comment

raise car up and inspect for any damage that might have lost oil.. maybe your girlfriend brother was 4 wheeling .also make sure the oil pan is not bent up, blocking the oil pick up screen .. if no oil leaks ,or damge ,, chk the oil pressure ,,remove the switch , it is located above oil filter , install a gauge and chk pressure at idle and at 2500-3000 rpm ...
                    Nice Asses I Like
                    Smart asses I don't

Comment

Originally posted by ez8o5
                      oh and this happened when i let my gf's brother use my cb7
                      Yeah right!!

Comment

Originally posted by F22-GURU
                        Pop you head under the car and listen around the sump area. If it's a low pitch rattling sound that comes and goes in relation to engine rev's I'd be suspecting the Big Ends or Mains.
                        Noises from the Valve Cover are usually higher pitched tapping or rattle sounds.
                        Check your Oil Level first.
                        Does the Oil Light Come On?
                        Best off take it to Pro who has experienced the noises.
                        the oil light does come after a while of driving but my oil level reads full

Comment

Originally posted by deserthonda
                          raise car up and inspect for any damage that might have lost oil.. maybe your girlfriend brother was 4 wheeling .also make sure the oil pan is not bent up, blocking the oil pick up screen .. if no oil leaks ,or damge ,, chk the oil pressure ,,remove the switch , it is located above oil filter , install a gauge and chk pressure at idle and at 2500-3000 rpm ...
                          Then I'd be going with what DESERTHONDA suggested.

If the Sump is bent up & touching the Pickup screen it can create a vacuum in the Oil Pump & Galleries. No Oil Flow = No Oil Pressure = Oil Light On.
                          It's like not having enough Oil in the engine. Without proper oil flow the bearings can't get lubrication and due to the extremely high friction levels they start disintegrating into tiny little fragments.
                          These fragments end up in the Sump ready to be picked up by the Oil Pump and travel back through the Oil Galleries creating more Havoc. With these Fragments floating around they can be large enough to block the oil galleries completely. All of a sudden you have an Air Conditioned Engine Block, and that's not good!!

Only positive it gives you an excuse to do a H22A Swap.

Comment

yah my engine's dead now and i dont got much cash, is there atleast an engine i can get for $500 bux?

Comment

Originally posted by ez8o5
                              yah my engine's dead now and i dont got much cash, is there atleast an engine i can get for $500 bux?

http://risingsunengines.com/........ try these guys , call for a quote ..
                              Nice Asses I Like
                              Smart asses I don't

Comment

Working...
                              X