VTEC Not working!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VTEC Not working!?!?

Ok, so i've got a cb7 with a '94 GSR engine (1.8L VTEC)... I just installed an edelbrock inake manifold and now my VTEC doesn't work at all... Has anyone had this problem before or anything? Any suggestions? Need anymore info?
    AND WHEN HE GETS TO HEAVEN, TO SAINT PETER HE WILL TELL: "JUST ANOTHER SOLDIER REPORTING SIR. I'VE SERVED MY TIME IN HELL."

My Member's Rides...
    My CarDomain...

search bud you will be amazed of what you find

Comment

bullshit you aint got no gsr engine in your cb...pix please

ILBB
      People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
      The world needs to be reset.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilikebigbutts
        bullshit you aint got no gsr engine in your cb...pix please

ILBB

x2... isn't that a B series engine...
        Last edited by N9netwoAccord; 01-23-2006, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Engine & Transmission & Exhaust:
          - F22a1; 2.2L 16v SOHC; 5-speed manual
          I got that from your members ride thread. Please don't be a little lying arse. Thats what we don't need on this board is more people to lie. Cause in the end Karma is a bitch.
          "form follows function."
          Louis Sullivan

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord
            x2... isn't that a B series engine...
            Yes it is, b18.Theres no point in swapin it in an accord.

ILBB
            People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
            The world needs to be reset.

Comment

LOL

cha-ching

Comment

AT least he tried.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by Kriesel
                  Ok, so i've got a cb7 with a '94 GSR engine (1.8L VTEC)... I just installed an edelbrock inake manifold and now my VTEC doesn't work at all... Has anyone had this problem before or anything? Any suggestions? Need anymore info?
                  the vtec probably doesnt work because it doesnt beong in a cb7 only f-series and h-series engines sorry bro no b-techage for you

Comment

ok, its not my car, but it IS a gsr motor in a 2-door accord which is my friend's car... not mine, but whatever. the whole wiring harness is from the gsr pretty much. The VTEC works fine with the stock intake mani, but with the Edelbrock mani the VTEC doesnt work... I'm dead serious guys, this is no bull shit car. i'm just tryin to find out some answers for a friend that has this engine in his 2-door cord... whats so wrong about someone being different and putting a smaller, yet just as potentially strong of an engine in this car? just cuz it's smaller than 2.0L doesnt mean its not real and you have to bash me for it...
                    Last edited by Kriesel; 01-23-2006, 08:53 PM.
                    AND WHEN HE GETS TO HEAVEN, TO SAINT PETER HE WILL TELL: "JUST ANOTHER SOLDIER REPORTING SIR. I'VE SERVED MY TIME IN HELL."

My Member's Rides...
                    My CarDomain...

Comment

well i still call until i see pictures....

but anyways... try checking the oil first, vtec runs off of oil pressure...

Comment

i've never owned a VTEC, so i dont know...

My Member's Rides...
                        My CarDomain...

Comment

i've never owned a VTEC, so i dont know...

LOL!! Hilarious when people refer to it like that

you want another one?!

Comment

i dont even know why i asked this question here... seems like nobody can just give me a simple answer as to why the vtec doesnt work.

has anyone got a vtec on any size engine and has put an aftermarket intake mani on it and had problems with the intake vacuum thing that opens up the second set of intake ports. the stock mani has the second set of intake ports, and the edelbrock doesnt have the second set... know what i mean?

and yes, i've had 3 hondas, but no, i havent had a vtec, so i dont really know much about them. i dont really want one either. i'm sure ill get bashed for saying that too, but i'd rather have an f22a in my engine bay, not an h22a, but that's just what i would put into my car, which i almost did till i totalled out my car last year. now i'm planning on buying another cb7, cuz i did like this forum, but now everyone seems to be an arse just cuz i know someone that has a b18 in a cb7... is it that hard to believe? honestly, is it? someone tell me one reason why it cant be done? there's that v8 cb7 isnt there? oh but wait, a cb7 cant have a v8... whatever

My Member's Rides...
                            My CarDomain...

Comment

i dont even know why i asked this question here... seems like nobody can just give me a simple answer as to why the vtec doesnt work.

has anyone got a vtec on any size engine and has put an aftermarket intake mani on it and had problems with the intake vacuum thing that opens up the second set of intake ports. the stock mani has the second set of intake ports, and the edelbrock doesnt have the second set... know what i mean?

and yes, i've had 3 hondas, but no, i havent had a vtec, so i dont really know much about them. i dont really want one either. i'm sure ill get bashed for saying that too, but i'd rather have an f22a in my engine bay, not an h22a, but that's just what i would put into my car, which i almost did till i totalled out my car last year. now i'm planning on buying another cb7, cuz i did like this forum, but now everyone seems to be an arse just cuz i know someone that has a b18 in a cb7... is it that hard to believe? honestly, is it? someone tell me one reason why it cant be done? there's that v8 cb7 isnt there? oh but wait, a cb7 cant have a v8... whatever
                              not saying it can't be done, but why would you want to? B series aren't the best choice for our cars... and i personally dont see a reason why someone would do it... is it so hard to post pictures up of it so you can prove us wrong?

and theres a million different reasons why "a vtec" wont work... as i stated earlier... check the oil first, because vtec runs off oil pressure

Comment

Working...
                              X