stumbling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stumbling

My 92 LX is having some stumbling problems when I pat on the gas. Usually any other cars I have will jump right up but when I pat on the gas on my cord she kinda chokes and then catches up. I have done a complete tune up and ran Sea foam through it and she is still doin it. I had a mechanic at the dealer and he said the valves could be out of adjustment but I was told by another mechanic the valves would have to be severly out of adjustment for the stumbling to happen. I have some EGR plugs on order so I can go ahead and clean those out but if that doesnt work then what is next?

Make Sure the Ignition Timing has been set correctly, with the Service Connector Bridged, to 15* BTDC.
    Get you Fuel Pressure Checked
    Have your Fuel Injectors Serviced.

Comment

My timing is set I beleive. I timed it up when I did the timing belt. The book doesnt tell me exactly how to set the timing so I think I put it on the middle red mark....

Comment

i had the same problem awhile ago and it was the tranny selenoids.

Comment

You could also play with your timing with your dizzy if i remember (gotta go look at my f22a6 again) but dont want to advance too much.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by Shag Wagon
            My 92 LX is having some stumbling problems when I pat on the gas. Usually any other cars I have will jump right up but when I pat on the gas on my cord she kinda chokes and then catches up. I have done a complete tune up and ran Sea foam through it and she is still doin it. I had a mechanic at the dealer and he said the valves could be out of adjustment but I was told by another mechanic the valves would have to be severly out of adjustment for the stumbling to happen. I have some EGR plugs on order so I can go ahead and clean those out but if that doesnt work then what is next?
            Timing, or tranny. Check tranny fluid.

Comment

Clogged egr ports. Sea foam wont really clean it as well as people think. I mean yeah its good but nothing will clean out those ports. You have to do a full egr and egr port clean. You would prolly be getting some sort of code if your solenoids were bad. There are whole diy' s on how to clean them and replace if need be.
              Most people that do this say there car runs 1000 times better.
              No longer working on the cb. To much time and money has been put into it. Check my for sale thread where the whole car will be parted out.

Comment

Im really not into the seafoam thing, there are some theories against using it...but if you know your car has been abused previously, it's a good idea.

It could sound like a lot of things, first thing i would say, and ask, how is your idle?
                --try cleaning out IAC valve?
                --Air in coolant lines?
                these tend to do that too..."choke" the car as you say...

Here are signs if a valve adjustment is needed,
                --Puff of smoke after take off at idle.
                --Ticking noise after warmed up car...loud ticking that is...

good luck man!

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
                1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

Comment

Working...
                X