Wtf!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wtf!!!

After driving to school this morning all of the sudden my gas pedal lost all feeling whatsoever. What i mean is that now, when i hit the gas even just slightly, theres no resistance. I can put the pedal to the floor with almost no effort at all. I should say that my tranny is on its last leg, and that i need to swap to a 5spd BAD, but do u guys have any ideas why this is happening?? Trottle cable maybe? Any help is awesome

It might be that your throttle cable has come loose...check to see if the thingy is tight on the throttle body.
    Former Ride:
    93 Accord Coupe
    Jdm H22 w/ LSD
    Type S pistons and cams

New Ride:
    Bone stock 99 2.3CL
    Black on Black Leather
    5spd

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn."
    C. S. Lewis

Comment

You had something going when you said throttle cable. Did you pop your hood and inspect it? The throttle cable is not gonna create much pedal difference. However there is a pedal difference.

Comment

Originally posted by exratedaccord93
        It might be that your throttle cable has come loose...check to see if the thingy is tight on the throttle body.
        yea but its more than check the thingy on the throttle body.

on the throttle body there is a goldish colored rotor. it has 2 cables coming from it cause ur automatic. look to see if the cable on the drivers side of the throttle rotor has come loose. if it has, turn the rotor and weave the cable back into it.

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
        You had something going when you said throttle cable. Did you pop your hood and inspect it? The throttle cable is not gonna create much pedal difference. However there is a pedal difference.
        it makes a huge difference dude, i had my off and the wieght of my shoe alone made it sink to the floor

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
          yea but its more than check the thingy on the throttle body.

on the throttle body there is a goldish colored rotor. it has 2 cables coming from it cause ur automatic. look to see if the cable on the drivers side of the throttle rotor has come loose. if it has, turn the rotor and weave the cable back into it.

it makes a huge difference dude, i had my off and the wieght of my shoe alone made it sink to the floor
          I guess I haved a "heavy foot". If I had NAWS, I'd blow myself to pieces...

Comment

yur right, going over bumps the weight of my shoe makes the pedal move a ton. I looked under the hood right after i posted and noticed the throttle cable by the gold rotor is loose as hell. I can only describe it as loose right by the rotor, where the cable hooks up to the back of it. Any idea how to fix this or am i fucked?

Comment

just an afterthought, after this happened with the throttle cable the tranny is A LOT worse tan it was before (as in shifting a ton harder). Might be unrelated, i just didn't know

Comment

its hugely related. you're cables are all messed up. you need to synchronize your transmission control cable and adjust your throttle cable to 2CM of slack. that trans. control cable can MAJORLY affect the way the transmission shifts and acts.
                Last edited by xaxis360; 02-02-2006, 05:46 PM.

Comment

ok, thats what i thought...............anyone know how to do this??? I don't wanna end up taking it somewhere if its somethin i can do myself

Comment

one tripto Honda later and...............don't forhet that your auto dipstick can get hooked up on the transmission control cable and make a person freak out for no reason

Comment

Working...
                    X