another electrical problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another electrical problem

Okay my lowbeams dont work but my highbeams do and so do my corner lights. WHat gives what should i check for anyone has ever had this kinda problem b4?

sounds like a fusefor low beam they are one seperate fuses left and right and high beams are all differnt fuses

(\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

okay imma check I dont know why ould both them shits blow like that if it did blow like that at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by hpaccord91
        sounds like a fusefor low beam they are one seperate fuses left and right and high beams are all differnt fuses
        ---^ Ummm.. No they are not!!

Try The H/L Globes themselves, also make sure the Battery Electrolyte Level is OK & Alternator Charge Rate is not too High.

If it was a fuse, High Beam would be out as well. There are 2 seperate fuses for the Headlights - Fuse #38 - Right Headlight & Fuse#37 - Left Headlight located in the Under Hood Fuse Box.
        Wiring for Low Beam Globes has the Black Ground Wires feeding off to Ground Point C @ RHSide of Eng Compartment - Flat Terminal Connector with 6 Black Wires attached. Also Grounded @ Point C is the ELD Unit, Radiator Fan & RH Corner Lights.
        The Red/Yellow Power Wire for the LH Low Beam Splices into the RH High Beam Red/Yellow Wires which goes to Fuse#37 (UH F/B)
        The Red/Green Power Wire for the RH Low Beam & RH High Beam goes to Fuse #38 (UH F/B).
        The Red Blue Wires from Both High Beams go to the Dimmer Relay (UH F/B) which is grounded at Ground Point H - RHR Corner Engine Bay.

Now if you can follow all that you can work out, from the symptoms you described that the problem must be with the H/L Globes themselves.

Reference - Haynes Workshop Manual Chapter 12 Pages 17 & 18

Component Location

Page 12-17
        Component Co-Ordinate

RH Corner Lights - A1
        RH Headlight - B1
        LH Headlight - D1
        Ground C - D3
        LH Corner Lights - E1

Page 12-18

Fuse #37 - A7
        Fuse #38 - B7
        Headlight Relay - B6
        Dimmer Relay - B6
        Ground H - D7
        Elect Load Detector - A4.
        Last edited by F22-GURU; 02-06-2006, 05:03 AM.

Comment

+ perhaps check the relays? I've had various lighting problems that weren't fuses but relays. You should hear a *ring* (quiet) from your under-hood fuse box if it's working right
          My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

I just bought a CB7 4WS that had headlight issues...In the end I just had to clean up the contacts in the wiring loom

Comment

Working...
            X