Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

auto Vs manual wiring harness? compatible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

auto Vs manual wiring harness? compatible?

okay i have a 2 90 accords. one auto, one manual. the auto tranny blew up and the car has some internal wiring problems with like stereo, lights, that kinda crap and i have another accord thats a manual so i basicly want to just put all my performance crap on the un molested car. now, that said the manaul cars wiring harness was apparently torn in half and lost from the previous owner because he didnt know how to swap an engine (he put the stock F22 in from a junk yard) so i need to either find another harness from a 90 accord manual, or find out if my auto harness will work or not. since i dont have the old harness i cant really compare the main plugs to see if the pinning is different, or else i would. can anyone tell me if its way different or will it work... also if someone has a harness for fairly cheap i would buy it. thanks

ya there compatable go for it
    www.2camcrew.com

Comment

hell yea, is it just the auto harness is pinned where the manual harness isnt? whatever it is i just hope it works. ill trim back my exess wires. what would i do with my speed sensor and reverse light are they the same as well.. id asume so but i havent looked that close. i know you have to change that when you re wire for a auto to manual conversion.. or so ive heard. thanks

Comment

Bump for the questions above.

Comment

it iwll work though there may be extra plugs and minor repinning required. its been over 6 months since the last time i had to put an engine in with teh wrong harness but it was not a real problem.

Comment

the main harness connectors that connect to the engine bay harness are very significantly different, unless youre comfortable repinning all of the main plugs, dont try it. its not plug and play.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

^^^ what he said.

I did an auto to manual swap and the main plugs (especially on the right (passenger) side ARE different...
              Originally posted by Junior Smurff
              Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Working...
              X