Engine cleaning map.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine cleaning map.

Ok, I got some engine cleaner. I know there is some stuff I need to cover and naming it won't help. So could someone circle the areas that need to be covered or point them out. This will also be good for other people that ask the same question since they can just look at the picture.

Here's my engine, what do I cover?

EDIT: Also, can I just removed the stock airbox and attach a cone filter to the end of the existing tube, or do I need to get an actual intake pipe? I am not looking for like huge gains, but just something I can do at home on a weekend in a few hours, like taking out the box and putting on a cone filter, is that possible? or do I need a pipe also?
    Last edited by Lantis; 02-10-2006, 02:28 AM.

nodody wants to help?

Comment

distributor alternator spark plug wires fuse box and generally any electrical stuff

Comment

This has been covered before try searching thats why no one replied. Put a plastic bag over the distributer and the alternator and try to stay away from any wires, if you dont know what the alternator and distributer are you shouldnt be washing your engine.
        My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

and for the intake just take the box out plug the vacumn lines and put a cone filter on it and clamp it down i dont think you have to have a metal pipe stock tubing works great too

Comment

Taken from SDJ.
            My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by TysCb7

Taken from SDJ.
              godamn that is one nice engine and clean engine bay

Comment

I know you need to cover electricals. I was going to make a newbie reference and asked you guys to map it out for me since I wasn't sure on which all stuff should be covered with these engines.

Also, can you get any better pics of that cone filter on stock piping? I would like to see if he used any heat shields or anything.

Comment

My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

Thank you, now if we can get someone to do a outside cleaning map, we can make a sticky and have pictures of what cleans what and what you need to do, that way, no noob will ever ask again because we will have the "Cleaning FAQ"

Comment

Working...
                    X