Alternator problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternator problems

I just got a new alternator probably a little less than a month ago, and everytime I start the car the belt squeals. It used to squeal loud as hell then I tightened the belt and it alright for a while. Then like a week later it started squealin loud again. I got a new belt and put it on and the squeal of death when away, but it still sueals very lightly when I Start the car. Any ideas what the problem may be and how I can fix it?

What brand belt did you replace it with?
    My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

Did you re-tighten the belt after getting a new one and still having it squeal?
      PM me if you found this!!

Comment

yea I retightened it

Comment

is the tightening maxed out??

does it do it only when its cold or first engine start up...

it can be that you should of went with one size smaller belt, or that its a *** belt....
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Are you sure it is the Alternator Belt that's causing the Squeal and not the PS or AC Belts.

Comment

Well your not gonna get any help if you dont reply to your own thread like I said what kind of belt did you use? If its not a honda belt that could likely be the problem autozone belts are notorious for squealing, if it is an OEM belt then its the tension, too little or too much tension will cause it to be noisy so get a straight edge and a ruler and come back with your measurement of slack.
              My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by TysCb7
                Well your not gonna get any help if you dont reply to your own thread like I said what kind of belt did you use? If its not a honda belt that could likely be the problem autozone belts are notorious for squealing, if it is an OEM belt then its the tension, too little or too much tension will cause it to be noisy so get a straight edge and a ruler and come back with your measurement of slack.
                werd, bust out the ruler or i can sell you a set of used belts
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by F22-GURU
                  Are you sure it is the Alternator Belt that's causing the Squeal and not the PS or AC Belts.
                  Yo mate .. how goes ?? by the way the alt belt is the same that runs a/c compressor.. this is a 2 belt system,, ( a/c - alt ) p/s .

I would do as Guru says . chk the p/s belt to make sure it is not loose......if belts are ok,, remove the alt belt and run the car see if noise is still there , if it is , you got a different issue, if no more noise. spin the alt by hand and see if it is noisy you might have got a bad altenator , if alt is ok, than , that leaves only the belt, make sure it is properly installed in the grooves . i have seen people miss a groove in the crank pulley.. if installed ok the only thing left is the adjustment ..
                  Nice Asses I Like
                  Smart asses I don't

Comment

Originally posted by deserthonda
                    Yo mate .. how goes ?? by the way the alt belt is the same that runs a/c compressor.. this is a 2 belt system,, ( a/c - alt ) p/s .
                    Yeah Sorry had a brain fade for a minute. Just couldn't be bothered editing it.

Comment

Working...
                    X