BATTERY & ALTERNATOR problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BATTERY & ALTERNATOR problem

ok this is the problem. i had a value craft (autozone) battery never died unless i had the car off for like 5mins and played the music (music.... pair 6x9's directed 250 amp and power cap, sony headunit)
    i was thinking that this is a little fast for the battery to do so i can across a used optima red top got it charged to like 97%.
    and the otha day i played the music for like 3 mins not loud, and i thought watch it dont start turned the key and the car just made the clicking sound.

is this the alternator goin bad? or im just using to much power while the car is off.

note car always starts up as long as i dont play sounds with it off.

also i was told i can test the alernator by removing one side a the battery is this true

Could be your starter but if you have a volt meter check the voltage of the batt. Its not recommended to remove one of the terminals just to test if the alternator is working its not good for the car.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Read the sticky in this forum:
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=40128

That said, from the sound of it you might have a battery on it's way out. Could be the starter as well as NAiL05 pointed out. Does jumping the batt start the car every time?
      ~~~~~~~

Comment

yes jumping starts the battery right up

Comment

ricky im almost 90% sure that the starter motor is goin out just like NAIL05 said

Comment

Working...
          X