replacing the f22a6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replacing the f22a6

Heres the scoop i dont even want power i basically have just gone for the look of the car. My engine is blown cause this idiot had put 8 quarts of oil in it, i had found a used auto shop/junk yard that has like 6 accord engines that are the 93's. The guy said that he would sell for 400$(they retail for 850) said that theres nothing wrong with any of the engines(only that everyone is junking there accords because they are getting new cars-so they get engines in frequently) All of there engines start, no cracks in the head, no leaks, but come with about 90-120,000 miles- just wanna know if anyone has bought an engine from a junk yard and if there engine has worked for them. Like i said i have basically just gone for the look not power so i am like fine with stock engine
    20% tint, 2.5" nuespeed springs,full out n1 catback exhaust, 53" double deck black aluminum spoiler,custom interior lights, euro clear corners, side markers, clutch masters stage 2 cltuch, matrix intake, MORE MODS TO COME SOON. She's up and running again just put new engine in.
    (I WILL NOT LOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Dude, 120,000 miles is just barely broken in for these F22 motors... Mine has 258,000, and is still running strong!

But anyway, if it starts, and seems to run smooth, it should be fine... You might want to do a compression check just to make sure everything is ok, as far as the pistons/rings go.
    -Ryan-

My life is rated R.

Comment

Another Option is getting an JDM F22A low millage engine it cost about $650 and it put out 145-150hp similar to an 1993 F22A6 but better and it only 40-50,000 miles. check for an JDM engine supplier near you and ask them that way u save on shiping cost.
      90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
      < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

258,000miles that aint bad and you got no problems- guess i have to take your word for it. A jdm engine sounds nice even though it puts the same horses out- so blazen i see you live in columbia md, i basically live right down the street in fort washington at exit 3 where did you get your jdm at? If its in the area i might take a shot at it
        20% tint, 2.5" nuespeed springs,full out n1 catback exhaust, 53" double deck black aluminum spoiler,custom interior lights, euro clear corners, side markers, clutch masters stage 2 cltuch, matrix intake, MORE MODS TO COME SOON. She's up and running again just put new engine in.

Comment

Ana Trade Corp
          Address: 4401 Eastern Ave # 50n, Baltimore, MD 21224
          Phone: (410) 342-4404

They will also deliver too, an JDM F22A is good if you want to built up or turbo charge it, plus it a non racing engine so they will warantee it for 6 month You can also get other engine there like JDM supra, silvia, H22, Accord SIr... don't tell them you will be racing with it they will void your warantee, if you buy an H22 for accord swap tell them you got an prelude
          90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
          < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

damn thats a bet i appreciate that, i will be making a run up there.

Comment

oh yeah do they have a website i can check

Comment

So what happens when you break your warranteed motor and you get it towed up there wrapped in an Accord? You just gonna tell them, "Well you see what happened is...the motor broke from me driving too slow so I took the motor back out of my Prelude and to play a joke on me, my friend put it in my Accord. Funny guy he is."? Don't think so.
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I don't think they have a web site, just a warehouse full of engine. They are not a shop, so they will not remove the engine nor do a swap for you, they just sell only(I know it that suck) I had to have another shop take out my engine and do the swap.

Actually I don't think they care much what car you put the engine in. only two thing void their warrantee RACING and OVERHEAT. They know people are swaping JDM engine in different car, that why JDM engine are so in demand.

Comment

damn that sucks no web site, oh well l'll be heading up there this sat,thanx for the info l'll let you know how everything turns out

Comment

DAMN GUYS what is wrong with u guys. where do u guys live. i mean u suppose to get cheap engines in junk jards man. speaking from experience( just swaped a 92 dx engine on my 90 accord ex) ok i bought the engine for $250. the odometer in the car said 98k. the guy wanned $300 labor. this is a junk jard here in philly. so if any of u guys is near philly this place is located on essingtone ave in south philly. most shops here in philly will charge u $500 for labor and then the rest depends on if you or them buy the engine. so i don't think it will go more than $1000. i mean come on guys. i thought this forum was an expert in 4th generation cars. so dude unless the engine has less than 100k don't pay a lot of money.
                      u better get the engine right off the car man so u can be sure that the engine has those original miles. my old piece of shit had 150k and it got fucked up all the time. so don't listen to the guys that say that 120k on the engine hasn't "barely broken" so be careful with junk jard engine and ask for a worrenty man.
                      (sorry if i offended anyone. i didn't mean too.)
                      are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Yeah, seriously you shouldn't be paying over $400 unless that engine is jdm or in really good condition. These cars are old and there are lots of f22 engines so they aren't going to be too expensive. I would shop around a little more if I were you.

Comment

im not getting a junk yard engine if i can get a jdm for 650. The junk yard down here seel the ex engine for 400$ and they take all the engines out the car so there is no labor involved. Alot o the engines that were of the dx-lx had cracked heads, broken internal rods and so forth, so theres a big ? mark on those engines. They say that those for the ex were in good condition but if i can get a jdm and build up to a turbo that will be nice although im really not looking for power, just looks. These junk yards down here dont have any warranty-apparently this place has warranty on the engine should something go wrong. I'd rather take a warranty chance than not having one if you get were im coming from. i think 650$ for a jdm aint bad at all.
                          Last edited by damo; 03-08-2004, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by damo
                            apparently this place has warranty on the engine should something go wrong. I'd rather take a warranty chance than not having one if you get were im coming from. i think 650$ for a jdm aint bad at all.
                            I said the same thing before, and I'm glad I did. I up the boost too high(14psi) and did not have enough fuel running a bit lean and blew my engine, only 3 month after I got it. Thank goodness for the warantee, they replace the engine and tranny with another JDM one Sweet, so my car got a 2nd lease on life. so back to stock boost at 9psi.

They did ask me You wern't racing now R u?? I said it an F22A accord that does 17.6s in 1/4miles come on now, they laugh and say oh yeah we forgot ONLY IF they known muhahahaha

Comment

thats exactly what im talking about unlike those junk yard without the engine warranty you cant replace unless you dig up more money to replace unless you have a warranty. l'd be pretty damn pissed if i bought the engine then it blew and had to spend more money because there was no warranty. With the warranty it can be replaced without it coming out the pocket

Comment

Working...
                              X