O2 Sensor removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O2 Sensor removal

I know that there is a special tool fro removing O2 sensors. But I was wondering if there is any other tools or methods to remove and replace them. thanks
    My CB For Sale

A wrench but you risk rounding off the bolt if its stuck on good. Plus a lil penetrating oil would help too.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

u should use the tool and i have two, both r for sale hit me up if u want one

Comment

You can also try making your own =O but it prob wont last long maybe one time use if your lucky.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by pretty_ricky302
          u should use the tool and i have two, both r for sale hit me up if u want one
          can u pm me pics and how much shipped to 30349?
          My CB For Sale

Comment

A standard flat wrench works just fine...chop off the wire to get it on, since you're replacing it anyways.
            2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
            Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
            1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Originally posted by jtek24
              I know that there is a special tool fro removing O2 sensors. But I was wondering if there is any other tools or methods to remove and replace them. thanks
              a 22mm. wrench. but good luck and be careful. the o2 special tool socket is highly recommended.
              The beginning of a new era............................
              165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
              184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Fast, easy installation or removal. Removes and installs oxygen sensors on computer engine controlled vehicles this easy:
                1. Disconnect sensor wire harness.
                2. Slide wire through slot in socket.
                3. Use 1/2" drive ratchet or wrench.

Designed for use in hard-to-reach places.
                May be used with torque wrench.
                Heat-treated, thick walled socket.

Comment

I dont got one of those special sockets a 22mm wrench works fine for me....

93 Accord H22.. 10th anniv.edition-wrecked R.i.P

99 EM1 Boosted type R- Jacked and never found

Comment

i used a regular adjustable wrench but it was a fuckin bitch and a half to get off. my shoulder fuckin hurt after that.

Comment

You can use a regular open end wrench or even better, a flare wrench! That's what I used. Looks like a 6 point box end wrench with one of the flats cut off. Works like a charm. But like was said earlier, lots of penetrating lube!
                      Originally posted by Junior Smurff
                      Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

PB BLASTER spray and a 22mm wrench! and have at it! make sure when u put in the new one to put some antiseize goop on the O2 threads..

Sean
                        F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
                        Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

I used a big adjustable/cresent wrench along w/ a propane torch to heat the area around the bung to expand it away from the o2 sensor. Good luck

Comment

wd40 has not worked for me

im gonna try ask a friend at a shop to change it fast kind.. bolts starting to rust and break off
                            hahahahah

Comment

Working...
                            X