Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

02 bung plug needed... what size do I look for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

02 bung plug needed... what size do I look for?

Ok, I need to plug my extra o2 sensor bung (used for wideband tuning). I know there must be plugs that would fit! I went to Autozone today and told the guy what I needed... after he walked me over to the socket aisle and triumphantly handed me the o2 sensor removal tool, I explained again what I needed. We went to the back where they had the right sort of thing... unfortunately, after rifling through the drawers, we found nothing that matched.

So, does anyone know where to get something that will fit? And what size to ask for? I need a little stubby thing, since I don't need another thing sticking into my exhaust flow! I know I could just use an old o2 sensor, but it's cleaner to just have a bolt/plug in there.

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...hItemId=329557
    http://store.summitracing.com/defaul...7&autoview=sku

btw, it's 18mm.

Lots of spark plugs in that thread too....
    2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
    Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
    1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Ah ha. Thanks Steve!

I don't want to spend $17 on a bolt... but the 18mm definitely helps! I figured it would be a metric size... The Autozone guy matched it up to standard ones (they didn't seem to have metric). Hopefully I can go into a shop or parts store and ask for an 18mm plug... hopefully they will know what I'm looking for!

Comment

hit up an exhaust shop.. they have to weld them on, sure they will be able to just sell you one, or give it to you if you have any nice shops around.

Comment

I don't want anything welded, since I plan on getting tuned in the future. I already have the bung welded on. I just need something to screw in tight to plug it! I hate dumping my exhaust before the cat... right under me. I think I'm still lightheaded!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
            I don't want anything welded, since I plan on getting tuned in the future. I already have the bung welded on. I just need something to screw in tight to plug it! I hate dumping my exhaust before the cat... right under me. I think I'm still lightheaded!
            yeah, i know.. but the exhaust shop should have some of the bungs, which usually come with a cap... since they install them all day. I am guessing Napa should also be able to scrounge up something.

Or someone on here that has bought a generic header that has the two places for an 02 sensor *usually* comes with two plugs.

Comment

If you have any performance shops local, you could ask them. I picked up 2 bungs and a plug yesterday from a place around here...cost $15 for all 3
              1993 Prelude S
              F22A1
              custom'ish turbo setup
              180 whp/217 ft-lbs super hot, super humid, super rich, boost falling off at 8psi
              18psi boost spike = BOOM!!!!!
              currently being rebuilt

Comment

I have an 02 bung its still layin next to my playstation

Comment

Originally posted by mullet
                  If you have any performance shops local, you could ask them. I picked up 2 bungs and a plug yesterday from a place around here...cost $15 for all 3
                  Now THAT is what I want to hear!!!

If I can't find a thing around here, could I ask a favor of you? Could I paypal you the money for a plug, shipping, and a little extra for your time to get me one?

Comment

Uh, is this what you need, that's in my hand right now...I'm sure this will fit.
                    Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                    -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                    MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

That's exactly what I need to plug my bunghole!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                        Now THAT is what I want to hear!!!

If I can't find a thing around here, could I ask a favor of you? Could I paypal you the money for a plug, shipping, and a little extra for your time to get me one?
                        Wouldn't be a problem at all, just let me know.
                        1993 Prelude S
                        F22A1
                        custom'ish turbo setup
                        180 whp/217 ft-lbs super hot, super humid, super rich, boost falling off at 8psi
                        18psi boost spike = BOOM!!!!!
                        currently being rebuilt

Comment

Originally posted by mullet
                          Wouldn't be a problem at all, just let me know.
                          Cool. Thanks. uslspct is nearly walking distance from my house though, so unless he's teasing me, I'll hopefully grab that from him!

Comment

And, I'll take those 5 speed parts, unless he's teasing me.
                            So you're running your car with a quarter size hole in the exhaust? hah!
                            Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                            -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                            MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

I was. I plugged it with a spare o2 sensor my friend had. It's a shame, because it's a brand new sensor! The car sounded like dookie with the hole!

And yeah, the weather is nice now, so the 5 speed parts (along with the engine and tranny) should be coming out as soon as I can get someone with a hoist to come help! If you know anyone, lemme know!

Comment

Working...
                              X