relocate e brake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

relocate e brake

i am atemping the relocate the ebrake.has anyone here done this before and if so could you guys help me out with this project thanks

Originally posted by projectAccord
    i am atemping the relocate the ebrake.has anyone here done this before and if so could you guys help me out with this project thanks
    Shouldnt be too hard, it'll all be about where you wanna put it, and if you can fab up the bracketry to make it work. Where were you thinking of relocating it to?

Comment

Originally posted by aero
      Shouldnt be too hard, it'll all be about where you wanna put it, and if you can fab up the bracketry to make it work. Where were you thinking of relocating it to?
      You are probably trying to get a 9293 Accord center console to fit on your 9091 Accord right? It's been done before, not too hard.

Comment

what i am doing is putting a 93 console and i need to move it off center just a little you know how it is off to the left a little that is what im doing

Comment

yeah thats what I figured.. I would guess that you could try to find a junkyard, and grab the parts from a 92-93 and it'll be pretty much just a fab to fit modification.

If you do get the ebrake relocated, will the auto seatbelt bulges be in the way?

Comment

i have removed the belts and have 4 point harnesses

Comment

If you do this. Write a DIY with lots of pictures. I've pretty much given up on finding a '91 wagon console. Besides, the later ones look cooler. DO IT!
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

on US-built 92-93 accords, they are pre-drilled in both the center and offset spots, so you can move the handle easily if you want... im guessing the 90-91's didnt have the extra offset holes though.

all that should be required should be drilling 2 new holes, putting bolts through, and im assuming youll have to get underneath (probably behind the exhaust heat shield) to put nuts on the back of the bolts... the stock holes have nuts welded onto the backs of them so they have something to bolt to, but if you have to drill new holes, itll just be a hole in a single layer of sheet metal, which gives nothing for a bolt to grip on...

go to a junkyard and see if you can find a 9293 accord, so you can take off the ebrake to measure the holes and see where they belong.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I always hear this. I put the console from a 92 in my 90 and didnt have to move the PARKING break handle. it fit perfectly.
                  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

yeah as soon as i do it i will do a write up on this just waiting on the console to get here

Comment

Originally posted by 4thgenaccord
                      I always hear this. I put the console from a 92 in my 90 and didnt have to move the PARKING break handle. it fit perfectly.
                      it was from a DX then.

Comment

Originally posted by xaxis360
                        it was from a DX then.
                        Nope. EX I used ALL the interior from the 92 to put in my 90, from roof to floor. dash to trunk.
                        !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Going down to my car to take pics right now. L8r
                          Turbo H23a3 build has begun
                          01-01-2019

Comment

Here you go.

Click me for DIY!!!

L8r
                            Turbo H23a3 build has begun
                            01-01-2019

Comment

I'm assuming if someone swaps an offset console from a USDM '92-'93 to a centered console (from a '92/'93 wagon, jdm, etc) that removing the driver's side armrest and covering it up isn't too involved either?
                              '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
                              EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

Working...
                              X