Oil filter (Fram?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil filter (Fram?)

OK, Are Fram Oil Filters any good? I did a search on this, and I get mixed emotions from all of you. Are they or are they not a good oil filter to put on my CB7?

My song of the week (or till I change it): Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

I would only use it if it was the last filter left on earth. That, and I would change my oil every 3k, period.
    Its probably fine to use if you do got for 3k changes. I would only do 3k, regardless of whether you run synthetic or dino.
    Personally I use S2000 OEM filters as they're made in Japan. Watch out as the OEM filters sold for Accords are now made by Fram. Not sure what that means as far as quality. I hear they are different, specific for Honda, but not sure how different. Personally I run about 6k using the S2k filter and Mobile1.

Comment

My dad used them forever, and now thats what I use. Havent had a problem yet so why switch.

edit... why are fram bad? also how much are the s2000 filters, and they fit just like usual? also what year s2000 do you use?

thanks
      Last edited by aero; 03-10-2004, 03:52 PM.

Comment

I paid about $6 or $7 each for them. Just ask for an S2000 filter. Year doesn't matter as they're all the same. Yes, they fit just like stock. I use them on my H22 and the H22 and F22 filters are the same anyway.

Frams are bad because of their construction. Less filter material and poorly designed spings/anti-drainback valves. Google for some oil filter comparisons and you'll get more info.

Comment

nice, i think i'll be doing the s2000 filters then. I always do my oil @ or before 3000miles. So these will last for 6000? And the oil also will last 6k?

Comment

Originally posted by aero3685
            nice, i think i'll be doing the s2000 filters then. I always do my oil @ or before 3000miles. So these will last for 6000? And the oil also will last 6k?
            Depends on how you drive and how well you take care of your engine and stuff like that. I personally think the 3k bit is a joke myself. Many people agree. If it was 3k why would car makes say 7500 in the manual? I also feel comfortable with 6k since I do a lot of highway miles.

Comment

yeah, i do quite a bit of highway miles myself. I saw that comparison before, but didnt see that fram were so low. Time for some change.

Comment

they are OK...but i mean there are alot there out there that are better made and cheaper than fram.

supertech is cheap but good, ac delco, purolator, etc.
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

ahhh... ac delco huh? I think i may be going with them from now on.

My song of the week (or till I change it): Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

Comment

Are nippon oil filters any good??

Comment

Right, The only thing Frams got going for them is there easy to to uninstall. (If you have not seen one there is a grip built into the filter)

Comment

i'm using the k&n...anybody heard anything bad about them?
                        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

i'm bout to put a fram tough guard in mycar tommorrow,i dont care what i use because a vtecs on the way.plus i havent had no probs with fram.i was using hondas but too expensive,i didnt see any dif.

Comment

Originally posted by NutBucket

Personally I use S2000 OEM filters as they're made in Japan. Watch out as the OEM filters sold for Accords are now made by Fram.
                            All Honda filters are exactly the same....Civic, Accord, S2K.....it doesn't matter. Every Honda 1990 and up use the exact same filter. The only cars that use a different filter is the Insight, and Civic Hybrid. And yes, they are all made by Honda.
                            00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

BTW...my personal opinion, a filter is a filter is a filter....they all do the exact same thing. As long as you are changing your oil every 3K miles anything will work fine. The only reason I use the Honda filters is because I get them for free.
                              00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Working...
                              X