battery terminal not tight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

battery terminal not tight

well both my battery terminalsare ***,there loose even when i tighten them down very tight,i have washers jamed in each terminal between the post and the termianls themselves,anyone got any tricks to fixing this,or should i get new terminals.thankx

im guessing its the terminals coming from the car, not the ones sticking up from the battery... i really dont know how safe it is sticking washers in there, that seems too bootlegged to me. i say get a new pair of terminals, they arent expensive.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

wear would i get new cables?and how much are they?thanks,do they just bolt on to the car?

Comment

find a battery shop and buy some terminals from them. they will use this HUGE crimer to crimp it to the wire, i did that...my buddie owned the place..and gosh this terminal is better than stock..ALOT!! and it wont corrode cause of the material its made out of.

or do it yourself, but the crap at kregan isnt the best.
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

just buy a terminal and install it! No big deal....no more than 20 bucks.

just do it right, electrical fires suck
          Noobie my ASS.

Comment

Do you have those little anti-corrosion felt washers on your battery posts? If so, try taking them off and see if the cables can be tightened. If the terminals aren't completely seated all the way down on the post, they won't tighten properly.
            00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

You can get ones at Wal-Mart for like $5 for the pair. All you do is cut your old ones off, strip the wires, and used the "nut and bolt" type clamp and clamp it right onto your wires, then tighten to battery. Walla!

My song of the week (or till I change it): Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

Comment

i got a walmart one for my positive terminal,and it has 2 wires(the terminals)one is huge and the other is small,i think the smalls a ground but i would like to get brand new positive and negative terminals.wear would i get them cheap.thanks

Comment

well i got the terminal that was loose tight enough,i want to get2 newcables sometime in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
                    it's "voila"

lol

I will make a note of that for next time

My song of the week (or till I change it): Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

Comment

Working...
                    X