firing issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

firing issue

Yes I have a 90 Honda accord 2dr and I have an issue. Now it may not be a big one but to me it seams to be a pain. OK the other day I was driving my car down the street and it died on me, Well I went to start it and to my dismay it would not start so the first thing I did was check to make sure that nothing come loose and then began to check things out well I check the timing belt and it looks like it could be replaced but seams ok and then I decided to check my fuel pressure and it was fine and then I decided to check my spark well I pulled a plug wire out to see if I could get it to ark to see if I was getting fire and I got no response so I then decided to pull my cap off and start checking things. I started off by checking the cap rotor and they looked alright so then I did some more test and seen that my coil was getting spark. So from here I assumed since my wires have no spark and my coil does that it could be my cap/rotor so I replaced these. Well to my surprise this did not work and here I am now asking anyone out there if they know what could be the issue. I am leaning towards the igniter but I am not too keen on Honda’s so any help would be greatly appreciated

Its probably an ignitor or the sparkplugs. Thats what ive been hearing about people about their cars dying out on them never had that problem before (knock on wood). Do a search ive heard of someone elses car dying out on them start from there cause i havent the fainted clue hope this helps.

Comment

well i got it going today! luckily i had a friend who had a parts car and i swapped distributors and the car fired right up. Now as far as what was the issue i narrowed it down to the ignitor based on the test i ran so if anyone else is having this issue check to see if the coil has spark if it does most likely its the ignitor

Comment

Working...
      X