Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parking/Tail/Interior Dash lights dont work.... fuses all good... why?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parking/Tail/Interior Dash lights dont work.... fuses all good... why?!

like it says, all of the lights listed dont work, and the "Small Light" fuse which is the fuse for that circuit is fine.... what else could it be?
    OS^e
    1993 Honda Accord LX Coupe

My Members Ride's Thread

StickyDilJoe: "JDM may be a fad, but making your car look like shit... thats forever"

do you have a DMM? use it to see if there is power coming from the parking light switch, red wire with black stripe
    FA1

Comment

Its probably your switch. I have to wiggle mine everyonce and a while, cuz when I turn it on all I get is headlights, then wiggle, and there all good. Try it out. L8r
      Turbo H23a3 build has begun
      01-01-2019

Comment

It's a different fuse...one in the fusebox under the hood. I forget which one it is.

If you've changed your headunit, there's a wire...I believe its orange...that is used to light up the headunit. If this wire is loose under your dash and it touches metal that fuse for all those lights will always blow. I had this problem a while back, just wanted to share.

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
          It's a different fuse...one in the fusebox under the hood. I forget which one it is.

the fuse your talking about is a 15 amp "Small Light" fuse only reason I know is because slow904door's blew once and thats what happened to his I've already replaced the fuse (even though it tested fine) and still no lights...

I'm starting to think its the switch, I tested the harness but of course it won't show power unless its pluged in and I can't get a test light back there when its plugged in... I've got to replace the switch anyway because I'm currently using a 90-91 switch because I broke mine while fixing my dash harness... so I guess I'll try that and if thats not the problem....
          OS^e

My Members Ride's Thread

StickyDilJoe: "JDM may be a fad, but making your car look like shit... thats forever"

Comment

bump
            OS^e

My Members Ride's Thread

Comment

it's your dimmer switch for sure shawn. all the aux lighting goes through there. i shorted mine out when i was trying to wire in my tach. pick one up at the junkyard. the dealer is way too expensive (of course!). good luck.

to remove it, i suggest to push it out from the back of the dash with like a hanger or something. prying from the front sucks!
              1cor10:31
              - 92 LX coupe
              - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

thats what I was gonna change next (since its the last thing I can think it is)

but you said yours has done this same thing before?
                OS^e

My Members Ride's Thread

Comment

hope yours dont do what mine did

I will hope to god that the switch is all of your problems and the reason for this is b/c mine started to do this and one day it fried the fuse and i replaced it. well it would be nice if nothing else happened but i turned them back on and went to see if they were working and by the time i walked to the front of the car it was full of smoke and the whole wiring harness from the switch to the fire wall melted to gether and i belive im lucky to have a car. but i put my tails on a swith in my consoul and i can now turn them off and run alot easier. if you know what i mean but if you change it and it dont fix it (New Switch) watch for what im talking about, it really sucks sorry so long but dont what this kind of thing happening agian

Comment

I changed the dimmer and headlight switchs so far, and still no solution.... anyone got any ideas!?!?!
                    OS^e

My Members Ride's Thread

Comment

I really need to get my car fixed!
                      OS^e

My Members Ride's Thread

Comment

T-stat ground?

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

why would that have to do with it? and by T-Stat you mean the Thermostat switch ground?
                          OS^e

My Members Ride's Thread

Comment

Well yea that ground wire that goes to the thermostat. Its worth a look at.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            I piss off people for fun.
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

hmmm I'll check it
                              OS^e

My Members Ride's Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X