Got a New CB7, but have a problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a New CB7, but have a problem...

Bought a new CB7 today. 92 LX F22A1 5spd. 170,000 miles for $600. I will get pics to you guys very soon! But the only problem with it is that when driving there is a very loud "hum" that comes from what I believe is the right side. It gets louder the faster you drive. It's not he CV axle, they are brand new. I did some searching but couldn't pull up anything.

What do you guys think it is?

Thanks,
    Adam

could be your transmission or your hub.
    Last edited by LawdoG247; 04-26-2006, 10:18 AM.

Comment

toward the front or the back?If its from th eback then maybe hole in your exhaust?

ILBB
      People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
      The world needs to be reset.

Comment

Def from the front. Transmission!!!! WTF?! Is there any type of testing you guys would reccomend. When you say hub, I take it you mean the bearing? I'm going to do a trans fluid swap today, anyone have a good link for one?

Thanks

Comment

raise the car and turn the wheel

ILBB
          People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
          The world needs to be reset.

Comment

u said it gets louder that might sound like a wheel berring to me my car did that and i replaced the wheel berring and it went away

(\__/)
            (O.o )
            (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

Originally posted by hpaccord91
              u said it gets louder that might sound like a wheel berring to me my car did that and i replaced the wheel berring and it went away
              Yep what he said if it gets louder as you go and you know it aint the axle its the wheel bearing.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yeah, sorry i called it a hub, . thats just the army coming out of me, I'm a mechanic in the army and whenever the trucks fry a wheel berring we just tell them there geared hubs' gone bad and we have to tear it apart.

definitely sounds like its your wheel berring.

Comment

Ok, so I am still a little scared about it being the transmission. Let me be a little more specific on the noise. It sounds JUST like the pads being stuck on the rotor, but I konw this isn't the problem cause when I brake, the noise doesn't flucktuate, and doesn't pull. I guess I will start with the wheel bearing.

Thanks,
                  Adam

Comment

jack up that side of the car and turn the wheel by hand, see whats up... if theres play in the wheel (not forward rotation, i mean side to side looseness etc) then its probably the bearing. humming or metallic grinding is usually the bearing...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                    Current cars:
                    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

make sure the tires arnt completely jacked, messed up tires could do the same... scalloping can make some gross sounds
                      dirty accord->
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...threadid=13407
                      crappy website

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

Front wheel bearing.
                          A diy adventure!
                          2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
                          Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
                          1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

When I tried doing my front brakes I fried the 2 front bearings, and then when they went to put the new ones on the ones I bought from AutoZone broke, then when I tried to return them they said "you didn't buy those here" (even after I showed them the reciete) (Idiots). Anyways.....It should be fun!

Comment

agreeing with everyone else, check your wheel bearing that most likely the cause. If your scared about your transmission they I suggest you go get a diagnostic test.

Comment

Working...
                              X