12 inch fans wont activate.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12 inch fans wont activate.

I have my fans they are 12 inch in diameter. Im wondering why they wont activate. I have all my connections in place did i wire em wrong . I notice when i had the f22 motor it was okay they activated with the h22 ecu they dont activae. Is there something that i have to do extra on the ecu? I really dont want my investment to overheat any suggestions to the sparks about the situation.?

It should activate...Recheck all your connections and such?

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

On the fans ive matched em by color black and blue. Black for the ground and blue for power. Ive done the same on the harness if i wired them the opposite way would they work or fry out. ? Could i have wired them the wrong way?

Comment

you can't wire them wrong for power, only direction one way is pull and the other pusher. MY suggestion to you is just ground it the the chassis and then run the power to something that is always on with the engine that way you always have power and it cools more
        www.2camcrew.com

Comment

Run a fan switch helps =D. But you could reground it and see what happens as mentioned.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by jdmkid
            you can't wire them wrong for power, only direction one way is pull and the other pusher. MY suggestion to you is just ground it the the chassis and then run the power to something that is always on with the engine that way you always have power and it cools more
            He could then have a possiblity of overcooling, not to mention it will decrease the life of the fan motor by 50% or so.

Comment

ok so a fan switch is best for me then I know exactly where to put it

Comment

It could be many things, but it seems like you don't want to try to figure it out. If you just wire in a switch and try to keep tabs on it manually, you're almost definitely gonna overcool or undercool the motor at all times and take a chance of overheting either by forgetting to turn the fan on or by burning out the fan.

I only use the condensor fan as my one and only fan. I've also pulled the fan timer, the wiring and many other factory cooling components so here's how I wired mine so that it comes on when the car hits about 210deg.

Let me know if you have any questions on this, but I have no issues with this setup. Everything in grey is optional if you wanted to still be able to manually cut them on yourself, but this will make them come on and maintain normal temps automatically. My coolant temps stay between 190 and 210. Grab the collant temp switch either on the front motor jacket or the side of the head, but don't tap into the temp. sending unit. You're gonna want to wire up each fan like this. Good luck man.
                Last edited by ACCLUDE91; 05-12-2006, 10:18 AM.

My Accord History:
                91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

u really are a cheap bastard pat.. haha but i love how u did that... (now wants to see how u wired everything else lol)

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

cheap, but effective

My Accord History:
                    91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Working...
                    X