Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limp mode with no CEL?

1992 Honda Accord EX, 5speed/F22a6

it was sitting for a while but it’s gotten the battery, distributor, alternator, spark plugs and wire set replaced. Car starts, idles and drives. For about 5 minutes. Then it goes into limp mode (can’t rev past 4K rpm) and runs lean. But there’s no CEL. I was thinking possibly a bad o2 sensor that isn’t giving codes but I’m just a little stumped here. Another possible I was thinking was a bad ECU but the check engine light comes on during start up.

does your CEL come on when you turn the car on and all the other lights come on?

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Yes the CEL comes on with all the other lights before you start it

Comment

Does it stay on or go out? And you tired pulling the code once’s the CEL comes on?
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Working...
        X