ac problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ac problems

Just had my ac refilled, but having problems with it... it's blowing hot air..

shop told me that they need to manual switch the vents controller hot/air, but there going to charge me $80/an hour and they don't know how long it will take

so has anyone encountered this problem, where is this vent located at?

You sure they refilled it? You sure they used the right refrigerant?

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i was there when they refilled it, they converted to r134

they told me that the air vents has to be switch to ac

Comment

That sounds odd.
        1993 Accord EX
        2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Look into the engine compartment on the passenger side near the firewall, you should see a cable that operates the hot/cold air. Make sure its closed.

Then try your A/C.
          1992 Accord Coupe 5-Speed

Comment

Originally posted by Shehzada
            Look into the engine compartment on the passenger side near the firewall, you should see a cable that operates the hot/cold air. Make sure its closed.

Then try your A/C.

is it underneath the vent cover?? is it possible to show a pix

Comment

check the relay for the a/c. they are mounted on the inside of the fender. later.
              Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

checked all relays and fuse, still no luck, where is this vent that controls the hot/cold airflow, pix would be good

Comment

Originally posted by dohman
                  checked all relays and fuse, still no luck, where is this vent that controls the hot/cold airflow, pix would be good
                  Tell someone to sit inside and turn the hot/cold temperature knob back and forth. Then go around the engine (where I told you before) and look for movement of a cable. Make sure that cable is fully closed when your knob inside in pointing towards closed.
                  1992 Accord Coupe 5-Speed

Comment

Originally posted by Shehzada

Then try your A/C.
                    x2, Look a little to the right of the fuel filter and down, you should see a cable coming out of the firewall which is attached to a valve. The valve is on a heater hose.
                    Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
                    Project 240SX
                    Originally posted by chillin943
                    anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
                    Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

Take out the temp control knob and check for damage.
                      1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
                      2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
                      3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
                      4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
                      5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

i still can't seem to find it, even when i get someone to move the control unit from the inside, can someone plz take a pix of where is located at

Comment

anyone?

Comment

Working...
                          X