Erratic idle fixed with Seafoam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Erratic idle fixed with Seafoam

There have been countless threads about erratic idling and I just thought I would add that I had the same problem and after adding Seafoam directly into the vacuum hose leading into the intake mani, the problem was solved. I was hoping I wouldnt have to remove the intake to find a vacuum leak or whatever. Anyways, just letting everyone know a possible easier solution.

what is seafoam?

Comment

Originally posted by pretty_ricky302
      what is seafoam?
      http://www.seafoamsales.com/
      1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
      2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
      3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
      4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
      5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

Must be careful with that stuff i have to say.
        It does work, from what ive read and seen.
        In your case, I would've never use that...I dunno, im afraid of the negative things happening, which ive read and seen too...

good stuff though, you probably cleaned out a lot of carbon buildup in the manifold...

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
        1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

Comment

no, nothings wrong with seafoam. you can put it anywhere!

Comment

Idle control valve maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
              Idle control valve maybe?
              I did the IACV (Idle Air Control Valve) cleaning DIY. It got rid of the gunk and stuff on the scren and inside the valve. IT also somehow gave me a lil moer throttle response on takeoff, BUT did not get rid of the Surging idle problem. the best way to describe it is the idle is "hunting". Like when not warmed up and i move the car a little bit, the idle will go from 2k to 500 and then back and forth..quite annoying lol. I might try the seafoam thing see if that solves it. Pe@ce

Comment

Originally posted by Sobeman81
                I did the IACV (Idle Air Control Valve) cleaning DIY. It got rid of the gunk and stuff on the scren and inside the valve. IT also somehow gave me a lil moer throttle response on takeoff, BUT did not get rid of the Surging idle problem. the best way to describe it is the idle is "hunting". Like when not warmed up and i move the car a little bit, the idle will go from 2k to 500 and then back and forth..quite annoying lol. I might try the seafoam thing see if that solves it. Pe@ce
                Let me tell you, you are not the only one with that problem. When I started getting that surging problem, I also took of the IACV and cleaned the screen really well and also put some cleaner fluid in the other hole. Bolted it back up, but still had that problem. So then, I tighted the FIV (Fast Idle Valve), but that did not solve the problem. Yesterday, I also opened the coolant bleeder screw and made sure the coolant was dribbling out in a smooth constant stream (as opposed to bubbles being seen)...........but that did not solve the problem.

Maybe I just need a new IACV.......but how much does that cost?
                1992 Accord Coupe 5-Speed

Comment

So did anyone else finally solved their idle issues?
                  1992 Accord Coupe 5-Speed

Comment

sweet.

I just got a refund check from them. I told them they didnt have it...

Comment

ok clear somethin up for me man seafoam is a company with a whole line of products you got seafoam_______ <--what exactly? cause they get trans cleaner, even bug cleaner.

As for that eratic idle mine doesn't go that hight but I jacked my pcv valve up when putting in my cai and got another one and that made it go up and down. Probably just another pcv valve would do the trick just haven't gotten around to it since it doesn't really affect driving and it doesn't do it all the time.
                      My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Working...
                      X