crank pulley removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crank pulley removal

I have tried everything to get that damn thing off. I went out and bought a 500ft/lb impact gun and a compressor and still had no luck. That was after i tried using a breaker bar and penetrating oil. Is the bolt a regular thread or reverse thread? Also, if anyone has any other suggestions feel free to offer them up. Oh yeah, I am also using a large screwdriver wedged between the flywheel and the bell housing to keep the crank from turning.

You need a crank remover tool bro. Timmyotool had one when he did his swap at that time. Its a tok you can go to autozone it looks like a halfinch torque wrench with a groove to fit inside the crank pulley itself and then you put the ratchetwrench in between and turn opposite sides of eachother and it should come off I gurantee it.

Comment

i tried to find that tool at my local autozone, advance auto, and sears and no one had it...

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...spagenameZWDVW

Comment

if it was properly torqued(159 lb-ft) it may take up to 2 or 3 times the amount of torque to get it free, so you may need to keep wrenching on with the impact, it will bust loose eventualy, may take a few, but once you get it broken free, lube the threads with some motor oil, but dont lube the washer or pulley, no need for a special tool IMO....good luck...
          Last edited by ehulst; 06-11-2006, 08:13 PM.
          93 Accord- SOLD
          94 Civic- F22a1 Swap, current DD

Comment

thanks for the link sparkle..... i was really hoping i wouldn't have to go to the dealer to get the tool.

I tried for 4 hrs today with the impact gun and a breaker bar and i couldn't budge it

Comment

that tool and two breaker bars is all youll need, youll get it off without a problem.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                that tool and two breaker bars is all youll need, youll get it off without a problem.

x2 after seeing it in person today

Comment

Turn the psi up to 150 and that bitch will come right off, or just us the tool.
                  My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

haha don't waste any more time......use a torch, heat the bolt up, then use a regular impact gun and walla it will come off i guarentee. then clean up the bolt and u should be all set to go. u may want to add some antiseize to the bolt. will help later on. good luck
                    My members ride thread

Comment

Last time I removed mine, I used an impact gun off and on for about 30 minutes w/no extension. Finally spun off...... it is not a reverse thread.
                      1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Working...
                      X