92-95 civic steering rack question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

92-95 civic steering rack question?

yea this is other automotive but also technical so here it gos...i removed all my p/s crap and i love it..its been like this for months but today i noticed both of my rack&pinion boots are torn and its hard to steer left and i get a violent shaking of the car at 20+ mph....my question is...does anyone know what model civic came with a manual rack? 92-95 or maybe other years as long as itll fit...i want to do a manual rack since this ones junk. thanks. im sure the one to know is fizzbob (ricky) if hell chime in.

my sisters civic is non-ps, lemme see if I can figure out the year...I know its a dx

its the 96-2000 model year civic so ...that prob doesn't help..

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
    where you been, is something wrong?
    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair
      my sisters civic is non-ps, lemme see if I can figure out the year...I know its a dx

its the 96-2000 model year civic so ...that prob doesn't help..
      i wonder if the 92-95 civic cx was manual?

Comment

CX and DX had manual racks if I remember. Yes the CX was a manual.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
          CX and DX had manual racks if I remember. Yes the CX was a manual.
          the crappy thing is cx's are hard to find around here at j-yards....and im not positive if dx's came with manual...if they did than thats sick becuase theres more dx civics in yards here than any other car.

Comment

DX should have a manual rack I remember driving one with one. Since I was thinkin bout purchasing one but the asking price was too high for what it was worth.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
              DX should have a manual rack I remember driving one with one. Since I was thinkin bout purchasing one but the asking price was too high for what it was worth.
              k thanks..ill be looking for one tommorrow (on my day off). this sucks.

Comment

my steerings officially gone...i knew when i couldnt steer left easy enough something was wrong..now i cant steer at all, its binding up badly..but yea my rack&pinions shot to hell....i think i may of done something wrong by not venting my rack when i removed my power steering, wich sucks but now i gotta replace my rack.....wich i dont really care becuase now i can use a manual rack but this was unexpected....new tires and a camber kit i need as well....orederd tie rod ends and ball joints yesterday.

Comment

PM sent

CW may have afew Civics w/ manual racks, they have quite a few lower trim Civics there, that's if you can't find one.

I'm pretty sure you did not further damage the rack by not venting it right away, you would not notice that binding w/ p/s, you had it all along probably.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7
                    PM sent

CW may have afew Civics w/ manual racks, they have quite a few lower trim Civics there, that's if you can't find one.

I'm pretty sure you did not further damage the rack by not venting it right away, you would not notice that binding w/ p/s, you had it all along probably.

Dan
                    no..the binding got worse and worse...when i first removed it all i could steer left and right with ease...it slowly got worse and i couldnt steer left....i thought it was my tires, yesterday when i put my front tires on my back i noticed ruisty bearings...inside the rack&pinion boot that was ripped...thats whats causing the binding...i looked at the other side and it was the same way...i can still drive the car but i dont want to...it barely steers. and the steering wheel shakes violently when above 20 mph...its rediculous. i gotta fix this soon before i screw up my axles& front end...and yea thanks dan ill check your pms now...if you go to any j yards soon and run into any manual racks call me up.

Comment

Working...
                    X