Stupid fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid fans

Ok...when my car is started and running, the fans dont work. But as soon as I turn off the car, the fans kick on...Once they are on, as soon as I turn the key to the 2nd click, The fans turn off. If I take the key out, the fans turn back on.

How do I fix this?

-Lam

Maybe a relay but the fans are supposed to kick in when the engine is off and if its on when the car has been running for a while and its really hot.
    1993 Accord EX
    2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Yeah, usually the fans don't turn on unless you have been running the engine for awhile or while the car is off. Sounds normal to me.

generic short-ram
      generic strut tower bar
      hid bulbs all around
      amber bumper + clear corners (soon to be amber)

Comment

Originally posted by TeamST_racing
        Ok...when my car is started and running, the fans dont work. But as soon as I turn off the car, the fans kick on...Once they are on, as soon as I turn the key to the 2nd click, The fans turn off. If I take the key out, the fans turn back on.

How do I fix this?

-Lam

thats how there suppose to work

Comment

Originally posted by TeamST_racing

How do I fix this?

-Lam
          What's broken?
          2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
          Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
          1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

thats how mine works..but if it needs to and its hot enough they turn on when the car is on.

do this, let the car idle for 15 minutes, they should come on once or twice, if not after like 20 minutes then check ur temp guage...and if its higher than normal then you have issues but if it is still middle and the fans come on you should be fine.
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
            X