CEl 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CEl 12

sup guys just finished my h22 swap a couple of days ago, i'm getting the usual cels, but figured all them out except for the the egr, i have two sitting in my garage, both of them worked perfectly on the f22, so i put on the h22 go for a little drive and BAM, the cel 12, so i replace it with the other egr, clear the codes, go for a little drive and it comes on again, i'm like wtf , i put a gasket on there so i don't think thats the problem,

i was leaning towards the solenoid i believe that goes in the black emmissions box on the firewall, the connection is clean, the egr is clean, dunno whats wrong,

any help is apreciated

ps. i do not want to get a chipped p28, and a egr block off plate, i have to get my car bar'd (sp) and i don't have the cash for it
    Members Ride

bump
    Members Ride

Comment

use an aluminum pop can and make a block off plate from that. works just like the normal plates. Justin will tell ya(doctor cipher)

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

if ur in cali you will never pass smog.
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

i don't want to block it off yet, u just want to get the damn cel off,
          Members Ride

Comment

Check for vacuum and make sure you're getting power at the connector on top of the EGR lifter deal. If your EGR lifter thing works and your gaskets are new, then either it's not getting power or it's not getting vacuum. I've got a code 12 too, it's my purge solenoid. It's getting vacuum into and through the EGR solenoid, and into but not out of the purge solenoid.

Comment

Originally posted by jumpman83
              Check for vacuum and make sure you're getting power at the connector on top of the EGR lifter deal. If your EGR lifter thing works and your gaskets are new, then either it's not getting power or it's not getting vacuum. I've got a code 12 too, it's my purge solenoid. It's getting vacuum into and through the EGR solenoid, and into but not out of the purge solenoid.
              i see, i will try that after work, thanks for your help
              Members Ride

Comment

check each area fully, one by one. youve got a new valve, so check for vacuum, check a diagram and make sure each wire at the connector has a solid connection to where its supposed to be, check the solenoid in the black box...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

When you did the swap did you swap any wires on the ECU? If you were looking at the 94-97 section of the swap info, it would tell you to swap 2 wires on the ECU. For the 90-93 you do NOT swap those wires. When I had my swap done, they swapped them and I had the EGR cel 12. Made them swap them back and no more cel! Just a thought. Oh, and I B.A.R.ed my swap, so it IS possible. Just make sure you have no cel's (I know, you're working on that) and you have all the required smog equipment for your chassis AND motor. I had to show the ref my ECU to make sure that it was a P13 and I had to open the "black box" on the firewall to show him the MAP sensor and all that crap. And if you have an intake and header, make sure you have all the CARB plates and/or stickers on them.

Good luck! And have fun with the swap!
                  Originally posted by Junior Smurff
                  Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

the pins are not swapped, unless the previous owner did which i doubt cause i was and elderly man, i don't think he had a swap, anyways, i will still check and do the other stuff that was recommened, thanks for your help

i was driving yesterday seeing if the cel will come on, i didn't for a while, do i decided to hit vtak, i did and at 6200 rpm or soo i hear a loud scraping noise so i stop luck under my car and the back part of the resonator broke complety off, so i am no running resonator back exhaust, whack, i have to save up for a catback
                    Members Ride

Comment

im no h22 swap expert, but maybe you have to convert the egr plug? isnt there a difference between the two. on has three wires and one has two?
                      i probably am wrong, but maybe a possibility. if so please disreguard

nevermind..i found my answer..your only switching the connector from square to prelude round..sorry

good luck

x
                      Last edited by xfactortype1; 07-07-2006, 02:29 AM.

Comment

well guys i check for voltage and vacuum according to haynes, the egr was the one that came out bad, i went to the junkyard and got one, put in with a new gasket, went for a litle drive and the code didn't come back

now i am having a little rough idle when am at the light, i will clean the iac, and the throttle body also,

also, i kind of have a stumble when i reach like 3000-3500 rpms, i will jerk until i shift, i was leaning towards the knock sensor on that one, not sure yet
                        Members Ride

Comment

knock sensor shouldn't do that. I'm running a P14 without a knock sensor, it's not doing anything wierd

Comment

Once the EGR valve is removed, I believe a new gasket is definately needed.
                            However, do you guys think that putting some RTV gasket material over the new gasket will ensure a better seal, or is that overkill and not needed?
                            1992 Accord Coupe 5-Speed

Comment

Originally posted by blackcb7
                              well guys i check for voltage and vacuum according to haynes, the egr was the one that came out bad, i went to the junkyard and got one, put in with a new gasket, went for a litle drive and the code didn't come back

now i am having a little rough idle when am at the light, i will clean the iac, and the throttle body also,

also, i kind of have a stumble when i reach like 3000-3500 rpms, i will jerk until i shift, i was leaning towards the knock sensor on that one, not sure yet
                              Least you fixed egr problem.
                              Good for ya!
                              1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
                              2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
                              3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
                              4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
                              5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

Working...
                              X