Bouncing Idle, WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bouncing Idle, WTF?

Before I even begin. I searched, i found and tried what i found. Here is what I have done. Took of the IACV valve and cleaned the shit out of it, its clean...replaced O rings in it. That did not help. Took of the FITV, cleaned it and tightened that plastic screw looking thing....replaced O rings there and put it back. Still is doing the same fuckin thing. Flushed the coolant and cleaned the throttle body and ts still doing it. Im out of ideas guys
    h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
    New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Did you bleed the coolant after you did it?

Its a 12mm bolt/screw thing on the bell shaped housing...Happened to me, its like the car has hickups. Where in philly are you? do you go down to the races much? PM me, Maybe we can meet up sometime with other Philly peeps

-Lam

*edit - I just saw you Members Ride thread and I noticed you have the F22. I was refering to the H22 so idk if its the same

Comment

def bleed the system again

Comment

pcv valve or vacuum leak. look for cracked hoses.

when you check for air bubbles in the coolant, open the bleeder screw while the car is running and see if little bubbles come out. later.
        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by prodigymb
          Before I even begin. I searched, i found and tried what i found. Here is what I have done. Took of the IACV valve and cleaned the shit out of it, its clean...replaced O rings in it. That did not help. Took of the FITV, cleaned it and tightened that plastic screw looking thing....replaced O rings there and put it back. Still is doing the same fuckin thing. Flushed the coolant and cleaned the throttle body and ts still doing it. Im out of ideas guys
          Wholly Shit! I have done exactly what you have and I am still getting the fluctuating , surging , bouncing idle. But you only cleaned the IACV and the FITV.........I actually took my old ones out and installed another set of them......but still have the problem. I then cleaned the throttle body squeaky clean and removed the idle screw and shot some cleaner down that hole. BUT YOU GUESSED IT.............I STILL HAVE THIS DAMN JUMPING IDLE.
          1992 Accord Coupe 5-Speed

Comment

ill try to bleed the coolant again, there are no vacuum leaks. how can i check the functionality of the pcv valve?
            h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
            New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

bled the coolant again, no bubbles. still the same fuckin shit. is it possible that the IACV is bad...the electric part of it?
              h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
              New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

or just open the radiator cap, turn on car, and refill it slowly. squeeze the rad. hoses as you fill it up. it takes a while, but it gets the job done.

you will know when there are no more bubbles in your radiator; no bubbles will come out when you squeeze the hoses.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by prodigymb
                  ill try to bleed the coolant again, there are no vacuum leaks. how can i check the functionality of the pcv valve?

shake it, if it rattles it is most likely ok, but you might as well buy another one they are like $10.Also, pinch the egr vacumm line and see if it stops fluctuating.

ILBB
                  People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
                  The world needs to be reset.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilikebigbutts
                    shake it, if it rattles it is most likely ok, but you might as well buy another one they are like $10.Also, pinch the egr vacumm line and see if it stops fluctuating.

ILBB
                    it does not rattle, does that mean its bad?
                    h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
                    New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

This fixed ! My cam was the issue and here is how i fixed it !
                      http://www.tuneruniversity.com/forum...ead.php?t=1740
                      h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
                      New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

So what did you do? Blocked off the 2 ports of the FITV? Mine is a F22A1 and what do I do with the coolant hoses?
                        1992 Accord Coupe 5-Speed

Comment

well, guess what.Since my f22b dohc didnt come with that starting valve thing, i installed when i put the motor in.I decided to take it off when i read this and while i was there i discovered that my pcv valve hose is torn.So i put the block plate back on and put a new pcv hose on and guess what, cold start started easier and it didnt strugle to find idle the fist few seconds.Warm idle and my mirror (that i have duct taped on) doesnt shake anymore and no more dashboard rattles!!so i dunno know what it was but a combo of these two and my car is not gonna be so annoying at stoplights anymore.yay!!!

oh, and the pcv IS suppose to make some sort of a noise when you shake it...if it doesnt, replace it.It's either stuck open (which i doubt cause your idle is fixed) or stuck closed...which is bad...

ILBB
                          People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
                          The world needs to be reset.

Comment

get a haynes manual....go through the trouble shooting for erratic idle. ok so look for this flathead type screw on the throttle body i believe...its an idle adjustment screw, adjust it down i believe or whatever you gotta do to make it stop. the screw should be near some gray vacuum lines towards the firewall as i recall...i had erractic idle for like a week, then adjusted that screw and it stopped...let me know if you get it

-sean
                            Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
                            Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Originally posted by Shehzada
                              So what did you do? Blocked off the 2 ports of the FITV? Mine is a F22A1 and what do I do with the coolant hoses?
                              no its not the FITV its an air booster valve , its on the side of the intake manifold real small. has one vacuumd line going into it. i just unplugged the vacuum and plugged the vacuum line. idles nicely at about 800 rpms

quiet a productive thread everyone!!!!
                              Last edited by prodigymb; 07-11-2006, 10:14 PM.
                              h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
                              New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

Working...
                              X