Wheel hop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheel hop?

I am getting wheel hop when i do a hard 1-2 shift. What can i do to get rid of that? New suspension or what?

well what is wheel hop to you,explain.also what kind of tires you have?

Comment

I think hes talkin about when ur tires hop ur chirp kind of when it shifts, I get it in my automatic when doin a good quick shift.
      Last edited by 4thGen4dr; 04-03-2004, 11:02 AM.

Comment

wheel hop is almost impposible to get rid of on a front wheel drive car. yeah you can start by upgrading your suspension also replace your worn old bushings
        FS: BNIB MFactory FD $650, PM me.

Comment

motor mount perhaps?get some poly inserts.

Comment

it could be as simple as shitty tires. when i use my yoko h4's or my azenis i can launch smoothly and the chirp is nice and clean... but now when i have my kumho ecsta's on, i cant lauch at all. if i do, the whole damn car shakes... and the 1-2 isnt smooth either.

and i already have prothane radiusrod bushings.

Comment

damn Yeah so i get it too even though i have a quaife imagine what that does . On top of that I think its the suspension and the mounts they need inserts.

Comment

Originally posted by 4thGen4dr
                I think hes talkin about when ur tires hop ur chirp kind of when it shifts, I get it in my automatic when doin a good quick shift.
                dude what kind of rims are those in that accord? fuck those are beautiful. do u got any other pic.
                are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

forgot to reply lol. check the lower bolt joint. mine it does that everytime i brake. my steering wheel will go on the right(right bolt joint gone) everytime i brake.
                  are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Originally posted by alb_accord
                    dude what kind of rims are those in that accord? fuck those are beautiful. do u got any other pic.
                    thanks there tenzo R AV7s gunmeta, kinda off topic but,

more pics at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/433835 and here

Comment

you can change your tires, motor mount inserts, suspension bushing upgrade, adjustable strut combo.

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Comment

Accords are not racecars......you just have to learn to live with it.
                        00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

everyone else thinks mine is a race car....too bad it just sounds fast.
                          91 accord lx, ebay intake, koni rsk kit, 17's, clear corners, red clear tails, and a type r lip when I'm not in Pullman

Comment

the hell accords arent racecars... true not all are, but some can be. ive outrun a prelude and a couple integra's, including a type-r. especially on the freeway, accords can have mad balls.

im sure hybrid90 will agree

Comment

Re: Wheel hop?

Originally posted by do0dfromcali
                              I am getting wheel hop when i do a hard 1-2 shift. What can i do to get rid of that? New suspension or what?
                              Umm... welcome to the world of.. shifting?
                              To-Do List for Today
                              Be Awesome

Comment

Working...
                              X