f22b swap- problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22b swap- problems

i just swapped my f22b (DOHC) in and have some problems.

1) wont rev past 4k
    2) engine is smokin like crazy

i get 2 CELS.. i get code 20 and the TPS code. The engine came with a broken TPS sensor so i replaced it with my a1 sensor.. im wondering if this could affect anything or did i just install it wrong?.. hopefully someone has had this proble.

(im running the pt3 ecu from my A1)

tps code sounds more like your reving problem. is it factory spec? if not then thats your problem. whats code 20? the ecu should be fine for now. try investing on a chipped p06 or a p39 ( jdm ). good luck...

SOLD-->10-09-06

MY 2000 PROTEGE

MY OLD CB7

THE SWAP

MY COROLLA TYPE-S

Comment

Electrical Load Detector circuit
      Open or short in ELD circuit, defective ELD circuit

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

you have a program for a SOHC engine on a DOHC engine.....that's part of the problem.....

check to make sure you don't have any wires crossed.......DOUBLE and then TRIPLE check them.....

make sure your thermostat ground is indeed grounded

double check your cam timing
        ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
          you have a program for a SOHC engine on a DOHC engine.....that's part of the problem.....

check to make sure you don't have any wires crossed.......DOUBLE and then TRIPLE check them.....

make sure your thermostat ground is indeed grounded

double check your cam timing
          no, its actually no part of the problem. i run my f22b with my stock pt3 once in a while and it runs perfectly fine.

and how do you think p06's can run dohc? theyre still sohc.

and if you say its in the mapping, its not. the f22a/b dohc and sohc are VERY similar. I know because Ive ran my f22b with my old f22a NA map and it runs pretty good. there are some spots where fuel is needed to be adjusted and timing is not far off. besides that, its good. there should be absolutely no problems with running a sohc ecu.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
            no, its actually no part of the problem. i run my f22b with my stock pt3 once in a while and it runs perfectly fine.

and how do you think p06's can run dohc? theyre still sohc.

and if you say its in the mapping, its not. the f22a/b dohc and sohc are VERY similar. I know because Ive ran my f22b with my old f22a NA map and it runs pretty good. there are some spots where fuel is needed to be adjusted and timing is not far off. besides that, its good. there should be absolutely no problems with running a sohc ecu.
            first off, you're admitting that there is a difference......

yeah, very similar.....so are most honda ecus......he's having smoking issues and it could be due to extra fuel.......i saw it on the f22b i put in my friends ride in march......hondas are rich anyway.......on his f22b with pt3 you could see unburned fuel at idle.....after 5 minutes of idling, it would throw an o2 sensor code and start idling rougher and then you'd see fuel dripping out of the tail pipe.........

you can take the average honda, lean it out a bit and gain 5hp, and this goes for nearly all of them produced from the mid 80's.........i leaned out my 100% stock h22a with a vafc about 10% across the board and gained 6whp......

it may not be that, but from my experience, i'm positive it could......

just throwing things out there....to rule it out without checking would be dumb
            ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

yea, i agree with that. but its not gona be rich enough to where it goes into limp mode. my stock pt3 idles at 13.2-13.6 on my f22b.

to the thread starter, did you set the tps to .45v?

also, when you replace the tps, theres this springy rotor thingy that you gota align it to the back of the tb. if you just put it on, it wont work and it will be fucked up.
              Last edited by d112crzy; 07-24-2006, 09:26 PM.

Comment

thanks for the replies.. smoking stopped after some time letting it run and one of the TPS wires got pinched when i dropped the engine in. everything is running fine now.

SHITLOAD of improvement over my A1. definately recommend this swap
                and as far as the ECU's go when you guys got the correct ECU (or the one that suits the f22b) did you see more gains?

Comment

i have a tune p06. all i can really see right now is better gas mileage, becuase thats what i have it tuned for. i havent messed with the timing any. but im sure it will increase when i do.

Comment

When I got the p39 for my F22B, it was a real nice gain. The maps are quite a bit different in the higher rev range, redline is higher, etc. Do yourself a favor: get the p39 or get a custom ECU tune.
                    I am the wrath of the server you curse and the demon of the directory you cry about - making life hell for users, one deleted file at a time.

Comment

what is the redline for the f22b with p39?
                      The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
                      Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
                      Check out my JDM F22B swap
                      Watch my CB7 video

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                        i have a tune p06. all i can really see right now is better gas mileage, becuase thats what i have it tuned for. i havent messed with the timing any. but im sure it will increase when i do.
                        hey you think u can send me that map you using?

Comment

its only wb tuned, but if you still want it, ok.

whats your email?

Comment

Working...
                          X