Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does freon work

hey iu was wondering if freon actually makes your ac colder
    Everything done on this baby is all by me, NOT one thing done by a shop or store

My myspace hit me up

Freon is what makes the AC work. If you are low on freon then the ac will not be that cold but if u have it filled up then it will be cold.

Comment

do a google search for r-134a because you're too uninformed to ask the right questions
      ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

The price of that stuff is pretty high (i.e. Freon aka R12). My older 89 LX-i needed a charge, so I tried an alternative refrigerant and it blows super cold now.
        1992 Accord Coupe 5-Speed

Comment

Originally posted by Shehzada
          The price of that stuff is pretty high (i.e. Freon aka R12). My older 89 LX-i needed a charge, so I tried an alternative refrigerant and it blows super cold now.
          Freeze 12? Thats the alternative to r12

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747
            Freeze 12? Thats the alternative to r12
            you can replace with r134a as well and i've never seen/had an issue......the "it may burn up your compressor" shit is just that, shit........i've never even replaced a drier/evaporator while doing it....just drain and fill with the new stuff
            ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

freeze 12 works very well. I have used it in all of my old cars. I posted about it before.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=freeze

Originally posted by Abeerdrinker
              you can recharge your A/C legally in the US. Its called Freeze 12 and its R-12 supplement without the hyrda carbon that kills the Ozone layer. You install it over existing R-12 without converting anything.

http://freeze-12.com/
              Originally posted by Abeerdrinker
              when you do a conversion your suppose to change your fitting as well as your dryer just evacuting the systme will not remove all the R 12. R 134 and R 12 do not mix well. What can happen is that your compressor can fail causing it to lock up or even burst. Freeze 12 is no side effect and its less worry. In fact Freeze 12 is colder then R 134 which is what you want. A complete conversion (500 bucks) will last just as long as it did now but a half arse conversion will not last as long 5 years max and not even that cold after a year. Freeze 12 (80 bucks)changes nothing and if it lasts this long with R12 with no leaks then it will last just as long again without the expensive costs now and the expense again in the future. Did I say its will be colder then then conversion will ever be?? LOL

Btw I did my car with freeze12 last year and its freezing cold in my car. So cold that cold smoke comes from my AC and still no leak nowhere. If you dont belive me please I beg you bring your girlfriend or wife (No young females) because she will be very perky in my car in a matter of mins. She might be able to play a Record on those (You know) One for the record holder and the other as the needle
              WHY ARE HURRICANES NAMED AFTER WOMEN? CUZ WHEN THEY CUM , THEY ARE WET AND WILD AND WHEN THEY LEAVE... THEY TAKE YOUR HOUSE, YOUR CAR AND YOUR MONEY....!

Comment

i would recommend freeze 12 over an r134a conversion most of the time.
                I have done half a dozen r134a conversions and the one that turned out the best were done with a rebuilt compressor, replacing the drier and expansion valve as well as cleaning the lines out. It blows within 3 degrees as cold as a system designed for r134a. the other ones worked ok nothing spectacular but it was ac. 2 of them failed not to long after retrofit and had to be redone from scratch.

Freeze 12 is affordable and works very very well. If I had known about the freeze12 at the time i did the retrofits i would be a lot happier.

Comment

Working...
                X