• Show
Clear All

a/c recharge

saw it once couldnt find it where do i hook up to recharge a/c
    1990 CB7 *RIP*

Current-91 EX and 92 EX

Originally posted by honda4674
    saw it once couldnt find it where do i hook up to recharge a/c

it came with r-12 refrigerant which you can't buy without a permit anymore, so you'll have to either use freeze 12 or just get the r-134a retrofit kit for like $40 at the part store, which comes with a little fitting that fits on your old factory fitting and a can of r-134a with a special hose that attaches to the can and locks onto the new fitting...

you should have a black cap on it and it should be near the top of the radiator where the silver hard lines are......should be easily accessible
    ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

o ok cool thanks
      1990 CB7 *RIP*

Current-91 EX and 92 EX

Comment

Though its quite easy to install port adapters and recharge with the newer refrigerant, I personally wouldn't recommend it.

If you have R-12 installed right now, you have to extract all of the existing mineral oil cuz its not compatible with R-134a. You should also change the drier and flush the condenser. Its a lot more involved........not just slap on some parts......if you want the cooling to work right and long after.
        1992 Accord Coupe 5-Speed

Comment

Originally posted by Shehzada
          Though its quite easy to install port adapters and recharge with the newer refrigerant, I personally wouldn't recommend it.

If you have R-12 installed right now, you have to extract all of the existing mineral oil cuz its not compatible with R-134a. You should also change the drier and flush the condenser. Its a lot more involved........not just slap on some parts......if you want the cooling to work right and long after.

of course if you have experience with cars, a/c systems in particular, you'd know that the "oil incompatibility" shit is just that, SHIT.....something ASE boys say to make themselves look like they know something......in reality, it doesn't matter at all.....fuck, i've done it to my last 9 cars and all are fine and dandy.....never had one single issue and never seen one shred of proof to back up your claim...just heresay and more heresay.....

you're just repeating what someone else told you, because i know for a fact you don't make this claim based on experience.....my dad's been in the business for 35 years, and he'd tell you the same....i've been doing it for just over a decade........what you're doing is "selling someone something" because that's the jibberish you're supposed to repeat
          ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

I just went to walmart and got the recharge bottle for $20, worked fine.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
            where you been, is something wrong?
            i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

I dont mean to steal your thread but i have the same problem. WHen i bought the car 5 months ago the a/c didnt work or as i should say it was blowing out warm air. People say that my condenser is fine and everything and i should jes refill it. When i went to the store the guy told me i had to flush it out and stuff or else ill mess my the condenser. So i have the same problem. WHat should i do?

Comment

i retrofitted mine with the kit from autozone a year ago and have had no problems, i emptied everything and add the pag oil or something like that, then recharged and is ice cold, i'm very happy with it, no problems here
                Members Ride

Comment

luckly my dad was a refregerant mec. and ahs a huge bottle of r12 i just need to know where the low pressure side of the condenser was
                  1990 CB7 *RIP*

Current-91 EX and 92 EX

Comment

Working...
                  X