Tcu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tcu

hey, i have a problem...i can start my can and put it in gear and it goins in just fine,but as soon as it warms up a little it will not shift it acts like its in neutral..but i can shut it off then start it again and it shifts and the problem comes back now i have put 2 used shift silaniods on and that has not been my problem now i think its my tcu i could really use the help cause this is my only means of transportation....HHHHHEEEEELLLLPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!! !
    isnt it funny when fat people fall..i sure think it is

a temporary fix may be to disconnec ur torque converter it souds like u need a new one.also ur bands in the transmission may need to be adjusted.have u changed the filter and fluid latly or checked it does it smell burnt.let me know

Comment

can it be the contact area for the shift silinoid under the shifter assembly?

does it just not shift out of park or when u put it in gear u get nothing and feel as though ur in neutral?
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

is your d4 (92-93) or the S light flashing ? just pull the codes out of the atcu the same way you check for engine codes and email or post them here and i'll tell you what it means.

Comment

pull the codes out. the code will tell u if are the selenoids(even though they are new) or the tcu. give us the code. from what i read it sounds like its electrical or its the selenoids again.
          are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Hmmmmm, sounds exactly like when my auto tranny took a shit on me. It turned out the tranny had a shit load of shavings in it. What wold happen was that when it was cold, it would shift but when it warmed up, it would just go into neutral. The reason was that the shavings got clogged up in one of the filters (forgot which one) and this would prevent the tranny from shifting. But, this probably isn't your problem. But, be weary of it.
            "I'm out for presidents to represent me"

Comment

Working...
            X