Probs w/my CB7..Input?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probs w/my CB7..Input?

hey i was wondering if someone here has ever experienced the same probs im currently having with my 93 ex, and could possibly give me their input, as my local honda dealership will charge me 185$ to just look at my damn car.

the other day i was driving in bumper to bumper traffic (god damn snowbirds) and while idling, my car stalled. when i turned the key to start it again, it clicked like the battery was dead, but wouldnt the battery be fine if the car was running already? anyways i jumped it and everything was fine until about an hour and a half later when it did it again, but it started up with some hesitation, w.o a jump. this was about 3 days ago, and since have not had this problem.

secondly, if you live in florida you know the heat is killer here. i was driving up to st.pete last week (about a 43 mile drive) and when i got off the interstate, at a stoplight, i got a really bad shimmy in my car , the check engine light came on, the temperature was pretty high, but not over heating, and the gear indicator light was blinking (i have an auto)...yeah i know, it sounds like a p.o.s. but other than these few days, the car runs beautifully aside a little shimmy when idling due to a loose motor mount.

i checked the water, plenty of that, tranny fluid, is topped off and my oil isnt due up for change for at least 1000 miles. any input would be much appreciated, as right now i cant afford the 200$ check-up fee. there is 148k on my F22, and im really tring to save for a H series swap, but if these are substantial problems, ill obviosly get these corrected.
    93 Black Accord EX Sedan
    AEM Short Ram - Clears all around
    Gdzie jest frydryk???

Better doublecheck your thermostat and that the fans are coming on. The bit with the auto tranny I can't help you with.

Comment

sounds like an alternator prob to me. I don't know why all the lightes are coming on though.
      Noobie my ASS.

Comment

Replace your battery and alternator and you will be good to go.good luck man. the lights blink when there is not enough juice.

Comment

Well, since heat is a factor, you may consider just getting a new main relay, since your car can stall if your main relay is bad and it will cause hesitation in starting. There used to be a "sticky" on the main relay, but I couldn't find it.
          Last edited by thatsitbelowradarSTL; 04-17-2004, 02:41 PM.
          Originally posted by fizzbob7 i think the "jdm everything" craze is funny........it's the same thing, a fad.......and an overpriced one at that
          Originally posted by uncle_el believe it or not, this forum is not about you or your post count. it's about providing relevant information and exchanging it with one another, in order to help build a community. if you don't like that, please leave.

Comment

hell yeah man.. the heat here is killer when it wants to be.. people without a/c due to turbocharging got some serious cojones..

anyway.. check the alternator.. it sounds electrical for it to just stall like that.. so check alternator/ignition oriented things.. and go from there

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

2 years honda parts exper. 10 years auto mech..leads me to belive main relay.hondas are bad about main relays doing funky schadt.

Comment

i don't think it's the alt because it started with out a jump...if it's not the main relay (which i think it is) you might wanna see if you're losing your ground somewhere, maybe it's loose at the terminal
                I don't lie, I bullshit

Comment

Working...
                X