headers/exhaust question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

headers/exhaust question

didnt know where to post it , but are all accord headers one fit's all?

i have a friend with a full chrome 4-2-1 header with 2.5'' piping but he says that the manifolds are different from an ex to an ex-r? is this tru

please help, as i want exhaust and got a killer deal lined up if this fits,

anyone?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by 1loudaccord
      didnt know where to post it , but are all accord headers one fit's all?

i have a friend with a full chrome 4-2-1 header with 2.5'' piping but he says that the manifolds are different from an ex to an ex-r? is this tru

please help, as i want exhaust and got a killer deal lined up if this fits,
      All depends on the year, and engine of the car. They are not all interchangable.

Comment

The 90-93s are all interchangeable I think, if you get an aftermarket header with the oxygen sensor holes in both places. On the Canadian LX/EX it's by the front of the car, on the EX-R/SE it's down by the flexpipe. 94's and up don't fit.

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
          The 90-93s are all interchangeable I think, if you get an aftermarket header with the oxygen sensor holes in both places. On the Canadian LX/EX it's by the front of the car, on the EX-R/SE it's down by the flexpipe. 94's and up don't fit.
          My US-made LXA has the O2 on the top front of the manifold, and not near the cat. The header i purchased has a spot in both places, and a bung to cap one off.

Comment

the bolt patterns on all 90-93s are the same. the differences lie in the design, and o2 sensor location.

come to think of it though, im not 100% sure that the cat side bolt patterns are all the same. someone want to verify that they are?

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

well thanks for the info, so basically i gota find out where the o2 sensor is,

me owning a 93 exr se it would be at the bottom by the cat not ontop of the manifold, as i dont see it there.

Comment

Originally posted by 1loudaccord
                well thanks for the info, so basically i gota find out where the o2 sensor is,

me owning a 93 exr se it would be at the bottom by the cat not ontop of the manifold, as i dont see it there.
                Correct... If you dont see it in the middle of the exhaust manifold, then its by the cat.

Comment

Working...
                X