vent in trunk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vent in trunk

ok me and prez has been talking, wtf is that stupid vent in the trunk on the left side when u open it behind that pannel???

it has to serve some purpose cuase im about to rip it out to fit something there.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

And why do only 90-91's have a vent, while the 92-93's don't have one inside the trunk?

Comment

and yet they still have a vent behind it...

little things we think about, thats why we love our accords
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

my 93 has a vent behind the bumper on the driver's side quarter panel...or were you talking about a different one on the inside of the trunk? then i'd be an idiot.
        My Ongoing CB7 Project

Comment

maybe u are haha...

go in ur trunk, take off the left pannel just behing the brake light acess pannel...yank it out...u will see what are are talking about.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

my 93 ex has one, its possibly in case some one gets locked in there or just to vent out air so the trunk isnt one big sealed box that causes mildew!!
            .............................-----------------93 Ex Coupe[/COLOR]-----------------

My CD7

Comment

it might have something to do with air pressure.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
              01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
              93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
              93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

I dunno... I thought it was a fresh air vent too.

Comment

my 93' has one, and i work at the saturn plant and all them cars have them to. ill ask bout them 2nite

Comment

theres a better pic in your owners manual, but this is the best one i had online already. its part of the HVAC system design, its designed so air follows the paths below. the vent on the side of the trunk vents out the trunk, and the drop in pressure sucks air from the cabin into the trunk via the vents at the edge of the rear deck along the back window. keeps air circulating.

[img]http://www.****.com/www/cb7_gallery/oem_cb7/018-001.gif[/img]

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                    Current cars:
                    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

WTF is there anyhting you dont have a picture or an explanation for concerning accords (mike)? ....

"...B*tch got out the car lookin more like Freddy Jackson"

Comment

Originally posted by onyx10
                        WTF is there anyhting you dont have a picture or an explanation for concerning accords (mike)? ....
                        its amazing what youll learn about the car if you take the time to read the owners manual, a haynes, chiltons and helms, as well as this site...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                        Current cars:
                        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

it says right in my manual its for when the hvac is set on fresh air instead of circulate, it makes the air flow straight threw the car

My Members Ride Page

Comment

it has two purposes, the one mike showed and so the windows don't pop out when you shut the door. the pressure has to go somewhere. later.
                            Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

yea, i rode for about 2 and a half weeks without a bumper and everytime i closed my door i enjoyed watching the rubber piece flap out. lol
                              1993 Honda Accord LX
                              2006 Yamaha R6
                              2004 Acura TSX

Comment

Working...
                              X