h22/23 plenum and tb swap worth it ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22/23 plenum and tb swap worth it ?

OK as some of you know i just did the a6 manifold swap and WOW what a kick in the pants. Pulls to redline like its nothing. Feels like i could go to 8 grand on the tach with no problem, not a good idea i know and im not going to take it over 6500 anyways. But my question is for everyone that did the h22/h23 plenum and tb swap. Did it make a big difference ? Or is it better to get an aftermarket plenum and tb like the skunk2 ones on e bay. Im thinking with the delta 260 cam this cb7 is gonna be fun as hell to drive. Im so damn happy right now.

I just did mine too, and yea it totally changed the car. My midrange torque is out of this world; definitely torquier than even an H22 Type-S.

I have a Delta 272 I'm trying to find the time and tools to install...once I get that in I will definitely let you know. But seriously, the H23 plenum/TB (and A6 runners if you have the A1) is easily the best bang for the buck mod you can do. I got more from this than my straight exhaust. With the cam I'm sure this thing will really rip.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

NO SHIT gloryaccordy i couldnt believe what ive been missing... i mean shit my car ran good with the a1 and other prople said wow your car is quick. and that was just a filter on the stock pipe and the a4 header. But this damn a6 mani made such a big difference it just keeps pulling and pulling. To where my a1 would not wanna go to 5500 rps lol but now it just blows past that. I just wonder if the h22/23 swap would make just as big a difference. If so off to the junk yard for me.. Well if stock a1 is 125hp add my a4 header brings it too 130hp and 5-10 from the intake manifold 135-145 hp as it sits also have the pt6 ecu and its been said it has a stronger map thats prolly god for a few ponies. Then the 260 cam is 15-25 hp = 160 plus hp I gotta say this is good damn power for the money. Ive only spend 150 for intake mani and ecu, about $20 for the a4 header and 120 or so for the cam.. So for less than 300 bucks i have as much power as the f22b and that alone cost 500-800 bucks..Now i gotta get a full exhaust for another 5-10 hp if not a lil more. Then bolt on's like flywheel lightend pullies. Im looking at h22 type power. Or atleast Damn close. With cheep ass mods.. God i love it. Only time will tell.
      Last edited by Gettin_faster91; 09-07-2006, 11:07 AM.

Comment

I'd have to say, putting the H23 IM on and wiring it up was one of the best modifications I've done. I don't know about burying the tach that easily though with this manifold let alone an a6.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

LinX if i had a camcorder id tape this shit i mean it un freaking real once i hit about 4g on the tach it just flies all the way to reline. Now also keep in mine im use to my a1. and the difference is huge. I also keep my car tuned up really well. That may have something to do with it as well.

Comment

Sir, you've actually inspired me to made a video of this because I haven't seen one done before. I do agree that its a big difference for us that have a1's and in the preliminary gears you have to make sure you don't kill gas but after that...

...adjust accordingly

Comment

it pulls harder to redline...
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by Gettin_faster91
                LinX if i had a camcorder id tape this shit i mean it un freaking real once i hit about 4g on the tach it just flies all the way to reline. Now also keep in mine im use to my a1. and the difference is huge. I also keep my car tuned up really well. That may have something to do with it as well.

If you are that pleased with the A6 manifold, then you will be twice as happy with the H series plenum/TB. The stock A6 stuff is restrictive on a stock A6, let alone with a 260 regrind.

It made a noticably larger difference than just the A6 manifold on what was essentially an A6 with exhaust, so it should be even more noticable with the regrind.
                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Oh wait you just have the A6 manifold? Man you definitely have to get the H23 plenum and TB, it made a world of difference on my EX...best bang for the buck mod by far. I've spent $500 on my intake, exhaust, H23 plenum/TB and Delta Cam, and I am willing to bet that when I'm done putting it all in I will be able to hang with H22 Accords no problem...

As far as the Skunk2 stuff, it won't work...the Skunk2 IM is a one piece one stage deal; in other words, the plenum and runners, from what I understand, don't come apart like the stock ones do. The Skunk2 TB would fit the H22 or H23 plenum but I don' think it's worth $300...you could get an H23 TB/IM and Delta cam for that money.

It's definitely worth the money/effort though. My top end is cool, but man the midrange (from 2.5-5K) is so beastly. The cam will definitely round it all out as well. I can't wait!

Originally posted by lordoja
                  im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Well hell if the H23 plenum and TB make that big of a difference looks like that my next project ! Look out H22's im out to get ya lol.. Oh also so you all know. I just did some test runs with the iab wide open vs. Opening by vac at wot. I must say it feels better to me when they are just open all the time. Im still waiting for wayne to send me that damn iab pig tail and i will hook it up correctly and let you guys know my findings. Oh i forgot to add im going with the 260 grind for better low and mid tq. That 272 is major it will make power way past what your willing to rev. So the 260 should be a good all around cam.
                    Last edited by Gettin_faster91; 09-07-2006, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                      and I am willing to bet that when I'm done putting it all in I will be able to hang with H22 Accords no problem...
                      yea, i doubt that. unless you can reach low 15's with that, you wont hang with any,unless they just suck balls at driving.

Cisco got like what, 152 whp and still has like 127wtq? thats pretty much as fast as an h23 or f22b dohc. thing is, he is tuned. he also has more mods than you listed. unless you do a bit more head work, and get some tuning, you will only be able to run mid 15's.

just becuase you have big numbers, doesnt mean you will have low times. just look at all the people running high 15's and 16's with their h22's. shit, ive seen f22a1's run really high 15's.

this is all theoretical tho. I dont mean to rain on your guy's parade.

is this intake system swap worth it? yup. would I do it if I had an f22a still? fuck yea.
                      Last edited by d112crzy; 09-08-2006, 12:29 AM.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

d112crzy i agree. I did the math on this and after my cam is installed and the h plenum and tb it should put me at about 160 hp give or take a few. Base motor 125 hp a4 header 5-10 hp 260 cam 15-25 hp. intake manifold mods im going to say 15-25 hp also.< might be a dreaming here but the butt dyno felt it. The a6 runners are better for tq seeing there shorter than the h23. But the h plenum is larger along with the 2mm larger H TB so gains will be there just dunno how much yet. Im thinking outside the box. If the a6 has 140hp add the delta regrind its going to get ya near 150-160hp right ? So my car with the mods i have is a a6 minus the cam. But my a4 header outflows the a1/a6 by 5-10 hp so i should be at the a6 hp rating of about 140 give or take. So with the 260 cam and h series plenum and tb im looking at 160hp or so. Not to bad if you ask me.

Comment

you guys making me go nutz waitin for my shit to arrive in the mail...slow shipper...i got complet a6 mani coming with h22 mani and h23 mani all complete coming.....i got plans, also got jdm type r 98 throttle body that is gonna go on....imma do some pnp myself on the head nife edging it and opening them up....also gonna pnp the whole complete manifold....a6 runner, with h23or h22 plenum with type r throttle body....the type r throttle is large i mean large.....yup, thats to come....oh, i will need to port match the throttle on the manifold, since its larger....its gonna scream.....but yah, do stay away from that skunk shiz....u got a better manifold right out our honda cars.....besides the skunk 2 mani sits so dam close to your fire wall, i mean close like only 1/4of an inch clearance.....and there runners are way to longggg.....but cant wait to get this done!

Comment

Originally posted by Gettin_faster91
                            d112crzy i agree. I did the math on this and after my cam is installed and the h plenum and tb it should put me at about 160 hp give or take a few. Base motor 125 hp a4 header 5-10 hp 260 cam 15-25 hp. intake manifold mods im going to say 15-25 hp also.< might be a dreaming here but the butt dyno felt it. The a6 runners are better for tq seeing there shorter than the h23. But the h plenum is larger along with the 2mm larger H TB so gains will be there just dunno how much yet. Im thinking outside the box. If the a6 has 140hp add the delta regrind its going to get ya near 150-160hp right ? So my car with the mods i have is a a6 minus the cam. But my a4 header outflows the a1/a6 by 5-10 hp so i should be at the a6 hp rating of about 140 give or take. So with the 260 cam and h series plenum and tb im looking at 160hp or so. Not to bad if you ask me.
                            you did the math????!! OMFG!!!

how in the world do you figure a fucking header will give you that much power? especially and OE header?? you're just like those fucking ebay companies that say an intake will give you that much power, total bs. you WILL NOT know how much power you get until on a dyno and dyno each part.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                              you did the math????!! OMFG!!!

how in the world do you figure a fucking header will give you that much power? especially and OE header?? you're just like those fucking ebay companies that say an intake will give you that much power, total bs. you WILL NOT know how much power you get until on a dyno and dyno each part.
                              While he seems to get angry often, I do agree with d112crzy. No one has actual dyno #'s for these upgrades. I don't dispute the are substantial gains, however, until someone dynos each upgrade separately, we'll never know how much they really give.

I was going this route myself until I found a very nice H22.
                              WTB - IACV for H22a4.

FS: 1993 CB9 w/H22a4 and much, much more.

PM or email with inquiries.
                              Vouch Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X