Throttle cleaning help..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throttle cleaning help..?

#1 is it easy to remove the Pipe connected to the throttle body and #2 how do you get the sea foam in there, its a metal canister without a spray or anything, do i just dump some in and hope it gets in there.. also it says on the site "If vehicle is port injected slowly pour SEA FOAM through direct manifold vacuum line that will feed all cylinders" wheres that that i can put it in?

its easy to remove the pipe...just loosen the screw at the throttle body..then loosen and remove the part that connects to the air box...

take off the pipe at the trottle body..

and spray inside it. dont spray too much..refer to my DIY.

...did u get the wrong sea foam...that has no spray? check to see if it says if its safe to use in throttle bodies or carborated systems. i knwo there is a version that can just be used in oil and maybe even gasoline...if it says its usefull to do it...then find a way to spray it in..DO NOT POUR IT IN. thats wayy too much and will cause the engine to cut off due to flodding.

u can put it through the pvc pipe as well...

holla back.
    Last edited by accordztech; 09-16-2003, 12:12 AM.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Hello all!
      Its my first post here

TB cleaning procedure (and photos) is on my site >> www.wombat.prv.pl in "Poradnik" (DYI in polish )
      here:
      http://www.altech.com.pl/wbt/_poradn...zyszczenie.htm

on site:
      galeries (over 400 photos)
      movies
      instructions&manuals
      specyfications

My accord: 1992 CB7 (320 kkm)
      Engine F22A3 (EDM manuf spec 150HP, 200Nm, still N/A), dual exhaust, p&p h, custom intake, white front/side&altezzas tail lamps, strut bars, M3 Look mirros, springs -35mm, indiglo gauges, shift light, .. etc.. some mods + Audio
      Vmax: over 240km/h
      My Accord 4 gen Site
      www.wombat.prv.pl

Comment

~80% materials on site.

spec
        manuals
        galeries
        My Accord 4 gen Site
        www.wombat.prv.pl

Comment

which is the PVC pipe??

Comment

i dont want to take the throttle piece off... do i have to?

Comment

ugh that polish site is great, only problem is its in POLISH!! grrr.

Comment

hehe can u at least put the pics on here and translate into english?

i really am lazy to take the throttle body off...but i cleaned it up pretty good with a rag in front of the throttle plate and also behind it. my problem area is after the throttle body...

would it be worth to polish the throttle body?
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

i cleaned it,!! i bought seafoam from napa all the way in the opposite side of town, it was the pour kind, so i put seafoam in a bottle with the squeeze top. opened the throttle and put a jet in, the car stalled i was like, UHO not good.. didnt really worry, but then i let it sit for 5 min took a second to start, but idle dropped alot, i think its more responsive too. cant tell yet, might do another shot of seafoam.. 50 shot of SEAFOAM!! woohoo

Comment

btw wut is the direct intake vaccume line? i wanna suck some up thru there. plz post pics thanks. btw polish guy translate that site for me mmk thanks

Comment

btw my throttle when u looked straight into it from taking off the pipe. it was just as clean as the guy after he cleaned and polished it. =p

Comment

k this is wut i need to know. where are and wut they look like.. pics plz! with arrows! =) i dont want to suck seafoam into my resonator(or somwhere it dont belong, cus resonator dont suck anything in it was a joke mmk) the direct manifold vacuum line that will feed all cylinders, possible sources are P.C.V. valve or brake booster line.. how do i gain access to these and then i just stick the end into the bottle let it suck it up and let the car stall?.. any info!

Comment

post whore.

hehe. the pvc valve is on top of the valve cover that says "16 valve.."

pull it out..it looks like a small elbow...put 2 sprays of sea foam in there.

finally u cleaned it out.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

that manual has saved my life many times...good investment, even if u are a cheap person. since ur learning alot xplode...i really encourage that u hit it up....lolz sometimes when im bored i read that book.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

got ne updates on letting us know how to polish it?

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Working...
                              X